You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
4rollover (resized).jpg
green_slick (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Hi, I have a question for any slick chick owners out there. I'm trying to figure out why my slick chick center target starts with the yellow "chick" spot light lit up instead of the green "slick" . I know it has something to do with the position of the motor but I haven't been able to figure out what the exact issue is. I know if I hit the rollovers, the center target light rotates through the different options (including the green "slick" light). If anyone has any suggestions for something that commonly makes this occur that would be great. Thanks.

green_slick (resized).jpggreen_slick (resized).jpg
#2 4 years ago

Also, I was wondering if someone could send me an image of the 4 rollover section of the schematic. Mine is ripped/chewed at this section (see attached), I have a new one coming from PBR but it won't be here for at least another week so I was hoping someone could attach that section so I could work on it before then. Currently my rollovers aren't working properly. If I go through the rollover sequence I get a replay at the second rollover, I'm guessing this is not suppose to happen but I can't tell with my ripped up schematic.

4rollover (resized).jpg4rollover (resized).jpg
#3 4 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4 4 years ago

Thanks @howardr. I'm a bit confused as to what is happening on my machine though. For the first of 4 rollovers, the 1st rollover relay energizes but when I rollover the 2nd of 4 rollovers, the 2nd,3rd, and 4th somehow energize. From what I'm seeing on the schematics, I don't see how this could happen. The only way I could see this happening was through the skill hole switches but if they are what I think they are (gobble hole switches), they are all open so I don't see how there is any power going to the 3rd or 4th relays. If there are any ideas please let me know.

Edit: Fixed my own problem, one of the dampening blades in the gobble hole was touching the wrong blade so it was closing the switch. If anyone could comment on my previous problem in my first post which was about the starting position of the center target light, that would be great. Thanks!

#5 4 years ago

I had a look at my Slick Chick and it starts a game with either green "Slick", yellow "Chick" or red "Slick Chick" lit, it does not start with a consistently lit insert.
Looking at the schematic, it at first appears that green "Slick" should be lit at the start of a game, as that is the only motor switch shown closed (1E)
However, a complete cycle of the score motor is 120 degrees or a third of a revolution, so the motor can stop at any one of three positions at the end of a game and then, when a new game is started, once it has gone through it's reset sequence, the motor can, again, be in any one of three positions, thereby closing motor switch 1E or 4E, or 5E.
If you watch the motor pin "E", this is the tallest pin on the top of the motor, this activates the relevent motor switches. (There is a drawing of the motor cams and pins as well as the switch positions on the bottom left of the schematic)

Hope this helps.

2 weeks later
#6 4 years ago

Quercus22 Sorry for the late reply, just wanted to thank you for the help.

#7 4 years ago

You're welcome.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Staunton, VA
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shaker Heights, OH
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-slick-chick-questions-for-owners-center-target- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.