New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 99411)

Gottlieb Slick Chick price check

By GizzArd

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by boilerman
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 9 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20140808_154621.jpg
20140808_154610.jpg
20140808_154321.jpg
20140808_154931.jpg
20140808_160029.jpg
20140808_154512.jpg
image-565.jpg
image-156.jpg
image.jpg

#1 6 years ago

Hey guys I'm wondering what a fair price on a slick chick would be in nice condition. Thanks for your time

#2 6 years ago

Hey there..I'm in Exton too! I'd say from $500-$1100 depending on condition. Pins in general seem to be pricier around our area...and I know Slick Chick is one of the more sought after EMs. There is one on the market in AZ right now for $750..but you'd have to get it shipped. Good luck on your search.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from asay:

Hey there..I'm in Exton too! I'd say from $500-$1100 depending on condition. Pins in general seem to be pricier around our area...and I know Slick Chick is one of the more sought after EMs. There is one on the market in AZ right now for $750..but you'd have to get it shipped. Good luck on your search.

Man I gotta start a EM pinball club around here. Yeah were def in a pinball hot spot. Yeah I'm thinking somewhere in the middle of that as well. I just know they are hard to find.. I just love the layout and the difficulty. I may not be the best pinball player but I sure have devotion to a challenging machine

#4 6 years ago

Even beater Slick Chicks go for a premium. For some reason it's a desired game. Having played it, I don't get the attraction at the prices it goes for, but that's just me.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from GizzArd:

Man I gotta start a EM pinball club around here.

Let me know if you do! I'm not really into EM's, that is I've never even played one. Been considering picking one up though just to give it a shot.

#6 6 years ago

I sold a mint one for $1,800 about a year ago

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from asay:

Let me know if you do! I'm not really into EM's, that is I've never even played one. Been considering picking one up though just to give it a shot.

I was originally into solid state and then like overnight I just changed. But yeah I'll let ya know.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

I sold a mint one for $1,800 about a year ago

Wooow really? Was it all original?

#9 6 years ago

Honestly, I think Slick Chick gets more than 500-1100. I'd say $1,000 to $1,500 for a decent one.

Dr. Joe's $1800 doesn't surprise me at all as I've seen nice ones go for upwards of that.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from GizzArd:

Wooow really? Was it all original?

Playfield was original, cabinet was restored. It is at PAPA now so if you're ever there, check it out!

I could have likely gotten more for it quite frankly but I sold it to a friend for what a friend sold it to me for a couple years ago. Nice Slick Chicks are hard to come by.

#11 6 years ago

I had to spend 1600 for mine a year ago - which in hindsight was too much. The plus side is the playfield is really nice with only a couple nit pick problem areas. There is one in Arkansas that looks ok from the photos but is not selling at all - I believe it is down to 750 now on ebay or craigslist.

#12 6 years ago

here's one for $850 that has sat unsold for awhile:
littlerock.craigslist.org link

here's one for $950 unsold:
washingtondc.craigslist.org link

here's one for $1500 unsold:
columbus.craigslist.org link

It all depends on the location and the condition. I'd say $800-$1200, but has to meet some minimum condition requirements. They certainly can go for more to the right buyer, in the right condition.

#13 6 years ago

How does this machine look? Seems as if the wiring is wrong.

#14 6 years ago

Just found this...I think it may be more work than you want though lol
baltimore.craigslist.org link

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from GizzArd:

How does this machine look? Seems as if the wiring is wrong.

It has the incorrect style lockdown bar, some chipped pop bumper bodies. Would benefit from an overhaul to play a lot peppier. Looks like original cab paint, and the cosmetics seem nice. I'd think it could fetch at least 1000 as-is, if not a bit more.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from asay:

Boilerman needs this one.

(It's actually very restorable from the looks of it.)

#17 6 years ago

"May have a mouse or two in it" lol...

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Boilerman needs this one.
(It's actually very restorable from the looks of it.)

Yea the play-field and back glass look fine. I have a feeling the guy wants an absurd amount of money for it though...like a lot of EMs on CL. Look at this: philadelphia.craigslist.org link

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from asay:

Blahhhhhhh!!!! Lol I actually have a double barrel that isn't too far off but I got it workin 100%

image.jpg image-156.jpg image-565.jpg
#20 6 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

It has the incorrect style lockdown bar, some chipped pop bumper bodies. Would benefit from an overhaul to play a lot peppier. Looks like original cab paint, and the cosmetics seem nice. I'd think it could fetch at least 1000 as-is, if not a bit more.

Awesome! Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it. Ill use that for ammo when I buy it. I gotta find out what bar is the correct one

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

"May have a mouse or two in it" lol...

What else did you think a gobble hole was for?

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from GizzArd:

Awesome! Thanks for your help. I really appreciate it. Ill use that for ammo when I buy it. I gotta find out what bar is the correct one

The correct style bar has two rounded end caps that are fit onto it (the ad for the beater one above actually has the correct bar sitting on top of the game in the picture).

The bar that's on it is from the '67-'72 era games.

#23 6 years ago

i could turn that turd into a gold nugget! i need a few for the over storage and that fits.
i'll see if i can work a deal

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from Quiddity:

What else did you think a gobble hole was for?

"easy access" ? : P

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i could turn that turd into a gold nugget! i need a few for the over storage and that fits.
i'll see if i can work a deal

Are you the one going to pick it up tomorrow? I was going to grab it today because the seller said first come first serve, but I won't if it's another pinsider...kinda kicking myself for posting it here lol

#26 6 years ago

Which one are u picking up?

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from GizzArd:

Which one are u picking up?

Was going to bite on the One in Maryland that needs some TLC

#28 6 years ago

hope i did not step one any toes!
i did not think anyone had any interest in the rust bucket so i thought i would grab it

#29 6 years ago

No prob I would have fixed it up and sold it, I'd rather it go to a collector.

#30 6 years ago

Lol well I'm gettin the one in d.c. So I'm good: )

#31 6 years ago

I picked the slick chick up from Bel Air
it was stored without a pf glass so the pf is pretty dirt but sound. no rodents were living in it very surprising!
cabinet is solid with no major issues the bg is pretty darn nice considering the way it was stored. it has one spot near the credit window missing paint but good everywhere else.
cleaned a small spot on the pf and from that test it looks like it will be a very nice pf. it does have those wood grain platers under the active pops, never know what is under them until you pull them. I found others with them with major wear then I found other with almost no wear, depends when they were installed. pb caps are good but one
the chrome is trashed not even worth trying to clean.
over all for 250 it will be a great winter project!

20140808_154512.jpg 20140808_160029.jpg 20140808_154931.jpg 20140808_154321.jpg 20140808_154610.jpg 20140808_154621.jpg
#32 6 years ago

Wow that's one hell od a deal for 250. It's def going to look like a gem when it's done. It def went to the right guy

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from GizzArd:

It def went to the right guy

Well ya don't have to rub it in

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from asay:

Well ya don't have to rub it in

Oh man I'm sorry ...... Well if it makes you feel better. Most games do pop up from time to time. They come in waves

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from GizzArd:

Oh man I'm sorry ...... Well if it makes you feel better. Most games do pop up from time to time. They come in waves

Haha it's cool I'm just playing. I've only been into the hobby for a few months and I've seen a ton of deals come and go, so I don't get too worked up over it!

#36 6 years ago

The one for 950 is a nice deal for its condition and might make a nice restore candidate. Ones that have 9 out of 10 condition playfields should fetch 1800+. Most of the Slick Chicks I have seen have been roached out or in player condition for 1200-1500 dollars (aka 7 out of 10 playfields) It is a highly sought after game and I will never part with mine. I paid a pretty penny for mine and it was worth every cent that I paid. I am not in the EM corridor of PA, NY,NJ,OH,MA etc. so there won't be any 250 dollar deals coming my way for a nice project machine like what Boilerman picked up. If there is any top 1 player Gottlieb sub 1000 dollars in better than average condition then it is gone within 15 minutes here in Dallas, Texas area. So I opt to buy my machines from other collectors and have them trucked in. Hopefully this spring when I have some pinball money I can find something I want local. So yeah I hate that machines sell for drastically different prices depending on location of where the machine is located. *steps off of podium*

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from GizzArd:

Lol well I'm gettin the one in d.c. So I'm good: )

I emailed about that game last night! Let us know what kind of condition it is in. The youtube video looked pretty good. Congrats! : )

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

The one for 950 is a nice deal for its condition and might make a nice restore candidate. Ones that have 9 out of 10 condition playfields should fetch 1800+. Most of the Slick Chicks I have seen have been roached out or in player condition for 1200-1500 dollars (aka 7 out of 10 playfields) It is a highly sought after game and I will never part with mine. I paid a pretty penny for mine and it was worth every cent that I paid. I am not in the EM corridor of PA, NY,NJ,OH,MA etc. so there won't be any 250 dollar deals coming my way for a nice project machine like what Boilerman picked up. If there is any top 1 player Gottlieb sub 1000 dollars in better than average condition then it is gone within 15 minutes here in Dallas, Texas area. So I opt to buy my machines from other collectors and have them trucked in. Hopefully this spring when I have some pinball money I can find something I want local. So yeah I hate that machines sell for drastically different prices depending on location of where the machine is located. *steps off of podium*

Well, last week I got pics of a Cover Girl in Dallas - $900 and it has an amazing NOS p/f. Fantastic players game. Just too much hassle for me - it's on the market place. May have sold now but I thought $900 a real good deal.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from Boatshoe:

I emailed about that game last night! Let us know what kind of condition it is in. The youtube video looked pretty good. Congrats! : )

Oh man thanks. I appreciate it. I'm very excited to get it. The wait is killing me. I think I'm freaking the guy out cause I'm so paranoid of him selling it. It looks pretty nice, I'm not so much worried about the cab. I'm kinda thinkin about what's under the wood grain pop bumper mylar but well see. To me it's not going to kill my happiness cause I'm more of a player than collector anyhow.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from GizzArd:

I'm kinda thinkin about what's under the wood grain pop bumper mylar but we'll see.

My experience in western Michigan and the Kansas City area has been that if the wood grain trim rings were in place the operator was proactive with these and took care of his games. I have found excellent condition paint under these trim rings for the most part.

Here's sending some good mojo your way on your game.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I picked the slick chick up from Bel Airit was stored without a pf glass so the pf is pretty dirt but sound. no rodents were living in it very surprising!cabinet is solid with no major issues the bg is pretty darn nice considering the way it was stored. it has one spot near the credit window missing paint but good everywhere else.cleaned a small spot on the pf and from that test it looks like it will be a very nice pf. it does have those wood grain platers under the active pops, never know what is under them until you pull them. I found others with them with major wear then I found other with almost no wear, depends when they were installed. pb caps are good but onethe chrome is trashed not even worth trying to clean.over all for 250 it will be a great winter project!

20140808_154512.jpg 246 KB
20140808_160029.jpg 255 KB
20140808_154931.jpg 129 KB
20140808_154321.jpg 118 KB
20140808_154610.jpg 100 KB
20140808_154621.jpg 196 KB

Boilerman,
Looking forward to your future ' Slick Chick restoration' Post........
@ with detailed cabinet painting process.

#42 6 years ago

I will post a separate thread

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Sale Pending!
Edmonds, WA
$ 79.99
Playfield - Decals
FlyLand Designs
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 289.00
$ 16.00
£ 50.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 249.00
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Cabinet Parts
PinBoltCaps
$ 35.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Iron Monger Decal Out of stock
Flashinstinct
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 89.99
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside