• 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by MikeO
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Skyline_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dirtflipper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

1. How do I turn it on and off? I know it sounds stupid, but when I plug it in I have to start a game for it to light up. The only way I can see to turn it off is to unplug it. Is that correct?

That is correct; there is no on/off switch on that era Gottlieb. To turn on, they have to be 'coined up' (i.e., drop a coin in, or start a game if it has credits). To turn off, you slap the bottom of the cabinet to bounce up a knockoff switch. Or unplug it. Easiest thing to do (and preserve the game as original) is to just plug it into a power strip. Still has to be coined up to turn on (or tweak it to be on free play to just start with the replay button).

2. There seems to be a wire that isn't attached. I suspect it goes to the switch next to it, but does anyone know what that switch does?

Looks like that's where that wire goes. That's the "ball roll tilt" switch.

3. How do you adjust the tilt? I tried screwing it in like you would on a Stern, but it doesn't appear to be adjustable and just spins.

Which tilt? There's the tilt bob (has a small wire clip below it that you squeeze and push up or down), the ball roll tilt (has screws to loosen, then tip the ball cage up or down), and then one or two weighted open switches (those just are gapped).

The game name is "Sky Line".

#7 8 years ago

Is there supposed to be any type of mechanism that prevents someone from loading a subsequent ball in the shooter lane before the previous ball has drained? I could load all 5 balls if I wanted to at the same time, but wasn't sure if that was normal.

Nope, you could do that. Normal on a mechanical ball lift game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dirtflipper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-skyline?tu=dirtflipper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.