(Topic ID: 295733)

Gottlieb Sky.Line opinion

By Seamlesswall

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 2 years ago

Picked up a Sky.Line for $150 bucks today. The only thing that is not repairable is the back glass. I didn't see any online. If you were me, would you part it out if a glass in not available?
    Very rough shape, the cabinet of course can be repaired. I'd say 1/4 of the lamps worked and the ones that did work were dim. Amazingly though - everything functioned! You could actually play a game! I offered 100, got on the phone who was the owner, he talked me up to 150. Then I found out he is a professional gambler and makes a living at it - got 50 bucks more out of me.

#2 2 years ago

Check with BGResto and see if he can help with a backglass.
    Maybe post some pictures so we can give you better opinions, but my inclination is "DO NOT PART OUT WORKING GAMES".

#3 2 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

but my inclination is "DO NOT PART OUT WORKING GAMES".

I totally agree. What seems weird to me in this day and age and advances in digital printing, is that whipping up a print on glass or even plexi really should not be that hard. If I could get a glass repo, unfortunately (for me - time involved) I'd be all into a full restoration.
    I'll reach out to BGResto, but the response - ability seems lacking.

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Maybe post some pictures so we can give you better opinions,

I could, but imagine this: every square inch is peeling. If I were to swing down the plywood plane to get to the bulbs, there would be flakes flying everywhere.

#5 2 years ago

This guy prints the backglass artwork on a film, rolls it up in a tube and mails it to you. You scrape off the artwork on your backglass, and adhere his film. His work is probably as good as bgresto, but much faster and cheaper.

https://www.coos.net/bingo_e/images/Gottlieb%20sky-line.jpg

Another option is to ask Mayfair Amusements if they have a nos backglass. He has a lot more backglasses in stock than what's listed.

https://mayfairamusement.com/

#6 2 years ago

If you decide not to restore it, bring it to Pinfest or York. Or have someone bring it for you.

Murphdom

#7 2 years ago

Thanks bluespin, all good leads!

2 weeks later
    #8 2 years ago

Bye the way paying $150 for a working machine is a steal. I’ve purchased two back glasses from BG Resto and am happy with both.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-skyline-opinion and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.