I’m a newbie but have recently acquired a dead Sing Along. I’ve spent the past month familiarizing myself with the machine, cleaning, re-wiring the power and all the pre-power up stuff. When I power it up and put in a dime the motor spins and I got G.I. However the reset sequence does not complete and the motor continues to run indefinitely. The sequence bank setup bar fires continuously, moving it’s reset bar. As soon as it resets the DS relay latches. The control bank reset doesn’t fire and release the latched SB coil.
Troubleshooting steps I’ve taken:
1. Wire traced continuity for both reset bars. I’m confident that I’m able to get power to both reset coils when the switches are correct
2. Reset score reels to zero position and ensured runout switches on each are closed
3. Validated that when the DS coil is latched, that the switches open/close, are clean and I’m getting continuity expected
4. Validated coin door switches are not stuck
5. Manually added credits to the credit reel
Some observations during testing if it helps:
1. When I power up with the motor in the number 4 position and power up, the control bank setup fires exactly once even though the motor continuously turns and each time 3c Comes around the sequence bank set up Coil fires and Is followed by the DS relay immediately latching. This latching DC latching is causing that DS switch to be open and the sequence bank to never reset the SB relay.
2. If I power up with motor in 1st position, then the control bank coil never fires but motor runs, seq bank resets and DS latches over and over
3. The total meter play advances
4. If I set the ball count stepper >0 it will reset
5. When I unplug the machine the DS relay often is left in a latched state, SB relay is always in a latched state
I don’t know what else to try but it seems like some sort of timing issue but I don’t know what to do next to isolate it further. Any help or suggestion on what to else to try is welcomed greatly.
Thanks in advance,