• Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
score reel.JPG
SA1.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spanks_4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Anyone own one of these? I'm trying to figure out what causes the green 5K lights at the top to cycle because mine seems to do it randomly unless I'm missing something.

Also the yellow lights around the center what exactly are they supposed to do? When the spinner is lit and I hit it the light jumps from one to another, but I don't see it doing anything besides that.

I just got the machine yesterday so I'm trying to figure out all of its issues if any incase I need to order anything.

#2 8 years ago

Also can anyone confirm that this drill bit is a 25V or should it be a greater voltage?

SA1.JPGSA1.JPG
#8 8 years ago

If anyone has pictures of the bottom of the playfield I would be very greatful for them. Mainly the two wow light sockets because I'm thinking the one on the left is the wrong socket.

#9 8 years ago

Ok just found another issue... In the head: The 100K light comes on, but none of the others do. Checked the bulbs and they're good, the wires all look good, ground line looks good. Anyone know what could be wrong or how to manually trip them?

I don't have the schematic/manual because I just got the machine yesterday.

#15 8 years ago

Thanks for that bit of info Newmantjn. Planning on ordering a schematic for this today, but still going to be rough to figure it out because I'm not the best at reading schematics.

The only issues I seem to have left with this game is the back box score numbers past 100K not lighting. Someone over the course of its life resoldered all of the wires to the stepper board connected to one of the score reels and it looks rough. Without a schematic I can't really trace where the wires come/go from the lights to see if its a switch issue or something.

Also the yellow lights around the center I still have the one that stays dimly lit and I have another one that will come on when the light next to it is lit. It doesn't always come on, but usually does. I traced the lights back to a stepper setup under the playfield, but again no schematic so can trace them to figure out where the voltage leak is.

#16 8 years ago

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this little unit is what should turn on/off the score lights 100K-whatever.

sorry it's sideways

score reel.JPGscore reel.JPG
#19 8 years ago

Thanks again newman... I probably missed the post on facebook.

So it looks like you can setup the novelty mode lights to work with AAB which is what I would like to do, but unfortunately the link showing how to do that has all dead pictures.

After just skimming what needs to be done to do this nevermind! It's out of my grasp of EM understanding. Hopefully once I clean this machine and make it steep it will make the game much harder to roll.

#23 8 years ago

I put the game in novelty mode last night and everything was ok except the two side pop bumpers at the top didn't trigger chime sounds when they were hit. Put back in AAB mode after a game and the pop bumpers trigger the chimes.

I also noticed that it seemed like the pop bumper coils were hitting harder in novelty than in AAB.

If anyone has one and doesn't mind trying novelty I would be appreciative.

#25 8 years ago

I know it's not a "drill bit", but it's still a bit I would use in my drill/screw driver.. "screw driving bit"... Yeah I think everybody got it thanks for the jab.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spanks_4.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-ships-ahoy?tu=spanks_4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.