By stampedem

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Hi guys.

I have a 1964 Gottlieb Ship-Mates.

When I turn it on all seems fine. When I drop a coin in (or push the button) it starts humming very loud. The score reels do start to reset. However, the player 1 reel will go directly to 10 points. I can then play the game seemingly normally, except that the scoring is erratic. Even though I'm playing single-player, reels 2, and 3 will score also, but they will score the same. So if it registers 100 points, reels 2, 3, and 4 will all register points, even though I'm just playing a single player. Lastly, when I turn off the machine, the 100 point reel will actuate.

Here's a quick video:

I said Bally in the video -- but it is a Gottlieb, obviously!

Your insight would be greatly appreciated!

1 week later
#2 1 year ago

Dear stampedem,

for me it seams that your machine does not start at the necessary reset point. If Iā€™m powering up my machine nothing happens. Pressing the button for choosing how manny player will start the machine and light up the device and resets the score reels. Maybe you need to check whether the replay reel is not set to zero if the machine is not intentionally set to freeplay in other way.

Greets Howard

#3 1 year ago

First issue first... it might sound to me like the Player one 10-pt score reel is locking on at startup. Can you open the back box and see if the Player one score reel solenoid is pulled in and causing the loud humming sound? If so, you probably have a 10-pt scoring switch on the playfield that is either closed or the wires at the tab ends of one of the 10-pt switches are making contact.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-ship-mates-score-reel-wrong-reset?hl=runbikeskilee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.