You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Bracket.jpg
F_relay.jpg

#1 9 years ago

Hi Pinside,

Hoping you can help me out with this one. I have a Gottlieb Soccer (2 player '75) that I am trying to get ready for MGC and it is having issues resetting player 1's 10s and sometimes now the 100s score reels to 0 when starting a new game. Here are the symptoms and what I observed happening:

The initial problem is/was that player 1's 10 reel never moved from the number from the previous game when restarting a new game. The 10k, 1k, and 100 move back to 0 but nothing out of the 10s. The score motor will keep on turning and the "F" relay (described as the "00-90 unit relay" on the schematic) in the backbox will chatter sometimes spinning the 2 arms around the contacts on the circuit board, sometimes not, but it always makes it around just not smoothly. I can manually move the 10s reel back to 0 and the game will start. Everything works fine and scores properly. Start a new game and repeat the issue.

I noticed that the metal bracket with the plastic hook at the end of it in the "F" relay wasn't seated properly. I took the spring off it and pulled it out. I cleaned everything up a bit and put it back together.

I turned the power back on and it actually reset the 10s to 0, everything looked good and I played a few games without any issues. Thought I had the issue solved. But after a few games the 100s reel would move a few digits and stop, not at 0, but the 10s would reset to 0 and a new game would start with the 100s not zeroed.

I took the "F" relay out and reseated everything in it again. Now I am back to the original player 1 10s problem again. I've never had any issues what so ever with player 2's score resetting to 0 after player 1 is zeroed out. Sometimes if i leave the machine running (score motor and "F" relay chattering) for a while the 10s will kick in and reset to 0, most of the time not though.

Any ideas on what this might be? Thanks in advance. Pinside rocks!

Thanks,
Brent

F_relay.jpgF_relay.jpg Bracket.jpgBracket.jpg
#2 9 years ago

The 00-90 mini stepper doesn't affect the score reel resets (despite appearances).

The only thing that affects the Player 1 score reel reset are switches on the Player Unit switch stack, the runout switch on the score reels, and motor 1A.

So for example, Player 1 10pt score reel reset would need the runout switch closed (middle switch on the score reel switch stack), P3A closed (which is in the switch stack on the cam behind the Player Unit), and the pulses from a switch at motor 1A.

For the 100pt reel, it also needs its runout switch closed, but instead needs P3B closed on the Player Unit.

Chances are good that the issue(s) are due to the switches on the Player Unit being dirty, or not quite touching.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-scoring-reel-reset-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.