(Topic ID: 201574)

Gottlieb Score Reels (with FP schematic)

By currieddog

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
FP.pdf (PDF preview)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider currieddog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Two different machines, two different eras, two similar problems. I have a Target Alpha and a Flipper Parade which are having intermittent score reel problems: TA with the 1K reel and FP with the 10s, and the problem is that when a lot of points are coming in the TA (can be any player) will tack on an extra 10K, and FP will not score the 100 due. Seems like a 9th pos. sw. problem, but they're clean and adjusted right, and today I thought that maybe eos sw. might be the culprit on TA, but no. So again, both are intermittent, and on TA what happens, for example, is that instead of having 18,000 it will be 28,000, and on FP instead of having 308 it will be 208. Both always test ok on individual scores, it's the big influx that messes them up. Any ideas?

#6 6 years ago

OK, just working on FP at the moment. All EOS and 9th pos. switches are good, the reel is clean, and I replaced the spring for the heck of it. Nada. It's really like it gets overwhelmed when 10s and 1s are coming in at the same time.

#8 6 years ago

I believe so. Like I said, it always tests correctly, it's just when a big influx of points happen.

Target Alpha possibility: PU A switches?

#9 6 years ago

Well, I thought I might have had something, but no. A wire had broken off the backside bakelite part of the 1's relay, and someone had TUCKED IT BACK IN WITH THE OTHER WIRES IN THE BUNDLE, STILL UNATTACHED. Oi

#10 6 years ago

Focusing just on FP at the moment. I tried blocking the 1's from adding, but that did nothing. I'm certain, after going over it approx. 73x, that the 9th pos. 10's sw. and the 100's EOS sw. are good as it always tests OK, even when I add 10s as fast as I can. Relays good, too, and no floating contacts. Anybody see something here I might have missed?

FP.pdfFP.pdf

#12 6 years ago

Must ... get ... all ... points. Haha, no, it just drives me nuts when something isn't working right. Major or minor, doesn't matter.

#14 6 years ago

I had traced that circuit back to the S and T relays, which needed cleaning bad, but now I took another look and whadda ya know, the SL-Red on S (which is in the Add Hundreds Unit circuit), and the Red-Y on T both had poor solders and came loose when I gave a tug. Now the score is working correctly, and also not adding so much when the ball drains, which always seemed odd. Thanks HowardR for making me take another look down there.

I'm going to check this as resolved and start a new one for TA, though I may be back for this one as it's doing a host of other weird stuff.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Egg Harbor Township, NJ
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider currieddog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-score-reels?tu=currieddog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.