5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by dasvis
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Did Gottlieb use the same color codes for the wiring on all EM score reels?
    Say 1966 & up? or...

#2 5 years ago

nope! not that ever encountered
    I have found that wires in a few machines did not match the print. I think they ran out of wire and just grabbed a roll of what ever

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Did Gottlieb use the same color codes for the wiring on all EM score reels?
    Say 1966 & up? or...

you think they were going to make it THAT easy on us???

it would have been nice if all wiring had been consistent... not that i would remember, given my brain is swiss cheese these days, but i know some guys would be able to rattle it off if it had stayed the same from game to game...

#4 5 years ago

Ack!
    thanks for the encouragement........

#5 5 years ago

and you thought re wiring that head was going to be easy!

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Ack!
    thanks for the encouragement........

yea, i know, not real encouraging... it really would have been easier if there was some consistency...

when i got my first machine, i learned how to read the schematic, and made the (seemingly obvious) assumption that other "like" machines would have consistent wiring... when i got my 2nd machine, i was quickly disabused of that assumption...

Quoted from boilerman:

nope! not that ever encountered
    I have found that wires in a few machines did not match the print. I think they ran out of wire and just grabbed a roll of what ever

yea i can remember searching and searching on the schematic for a machine for a color that didn't exist on the schematic...

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from boilerman:

and you thought re wiring that head was going to be easy!

Well, the wires are there in the head already & mostly going to the general area where they are supposed to go.. just a matter of hooking them up to the correct places on the mechs (is all).
    Looks like I am going to better at reading schematics.
    Found a bunch of score reel sets & a credit unit. May have a lead on a match unit out of a pin that's the same year. Just need to check the parts manual to see what contact boards are used in both. Who knows, I might get lucky.

#8 5 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Well, the wires are there in the head already & mostly going to the general area where they are supposed to go.. just a matter of hooking them up to the correct places on the mechs (is all).
    Found a bunch of score reel sets & a credit unit. May have a lead on a match unit out of a pin that's the same year. Just need to check the parts manual to see what contact boards are used in both. Who knows, I might get lucky.

sit down with a few of your favorite beverages and a schematic, and just sit there and trace "logic circuits" (e.g. what happens if i hit this target and it scores this many points?)... after doing this a few times, it will come to you...

cool!! almost there!!! i'm really looking forward to seeing it brought back to life...

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

you will get better or die trying!!!
    you will have to remap the match unit it will not be plug and play

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from boilerman:

go die on that hill marine!!!!

@dasvis... dunno if this will help or not, but this is how i learned to decipher a schematic...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reading-schematics-how-i-learned-maybe-it-will-help-others#post-1538801

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from boilerman:

i believe i have some close-up pics of the 0-9 disk floating around somewhere if he needs pics...

probably some in the "i'm afraid to clean this thread", actually...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-almost-afraid-to-clean-this#post-1462914

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

cool!! almost there!!! i'm really looking forward to seeing it brought back to life...

Well, I still have my High hand to touchup & clear, then put back together & troubleshoot...
    My Top card to start on, an Alien poker for a friend, a CC Top ten, & the Royal guard.

#13 5 years ago

^^^

ought to be getting to it in a couple weekends then...

#14 5 years ago

I thinks the Royal guard will be a primary side project, does not need much other than this head mess. The playfield is really nice, cabinet passable.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

...but i know some guys would be able to rattle it off if it had stayed the same from game to game...

I know some guys who seem like they can do it anyway.

#16 5 years ago

Got the replay unit & took it apart and cleaned it up. Works perfect, looks perfect. Appears to be a really low mileage unit, zero wear on the coil stops. Score reels should be here soon.
    Sat down with the schematic & my Fluke - traced some wires & actually figured out where a couple are supposed to go. This is going to take a while...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 16.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Other
    YouBentMyWookie
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Haus
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos LLC
    Playfield - Protection
    Beehive Pinball Co.
    $ 27.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Flipper Parts
    TheDudeMods
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 89.99
    $ 70.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 43.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Other
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 134.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 103.00
    $ 109.00
    $ 429.00
    Playfield - Other
    86Pixels
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 139.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 19.99
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 96.77
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball-Mods.com
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Decals
    FlyLand Designs
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Photos LLC
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Rocket City Pinball
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 25.00
    Various Other Swag
    Tommy's Pins

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside