(Topic ID: 125919)

Score Reel Clocks by Ayscrim Studios - Space Girl Eclipse Edition!

By PhilGreg

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 918 posts
  • 145 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by PhilGreg
  • Topic is favorited by 139 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which Gottlieb theme should I do next? Reply in thread for me to add others.”

• Slick Chick 1 vote
    17%
  • Astro 1 vote
    17%
  • Universe 0 votes
  • Abra Ca Dabra 2 votes
    33%
  • Centigrade 37 0 votes
  • Flying Carpet 2 votes
    33%

(6 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240411_163837~2 (resized).jpg
20240413_162316 (resized).jpg
20240412_190438~2 (resized).jpg
20240412_145147~2 (resized).jpg
20240413_212238~4 (resized).jpg
20240413_183900~2 (resized).jpg
20240413_121324~2 (resized).jpg
SGE1 (resized).png
20240409_065835 (resized).png
SGE1 (resized).png
SGE4 (resized).png
SGE5 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 11-49-16 Ayscrim Studios (@ayscrimstudios) • Instagram photos and videos (resized).png
20240407_170705~2 (resized).jpg
pintastic (resized).png
20240320_193056 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrmikeman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#364 2 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

Thank you for the kind words sir. You are penciled in.

Super nice! I'd like to be on the list as well. Merci Phil!

#368 2 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I am in on the order. If someone wants my spot at what it cost let me know. This is if PhilGreg is willing.

I’ll take your spot if Phil is ok with it.

4 months later
#427 2 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

Thank you sir!
Ok a little bit more news - what I've been working on lately is making the calibration app a little more clean and user friendly in case anybody but myself would need to use it in the future.
Also, I've put a little bit more time into trying to see if the plexiglass case version would be interesting. Two things I did is make the LED strip less visible by getting a narrower strip and cutting out a groove to hide it. This isn't a problem in the regular version since it's hidden by the front panel. Looks better!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
On that same front, I printed some jigs to help glue the plexiglas panels together cleanly. Still trying to get that nailed since the cement is very liquid and a little bit hard to work with.
[quoted image]
Also doing a few improvements to the cab plans to reduce post-processing.
Again, this is all while I'm waiting for my Prusa 3D printer to see if I can self-print the reels to require less post-processing.
What I can say at this point is that barring some major unforeseen event, I'm almost definitely doing another run. What I still need to figure out is what options there would be (assembled, kit, plexi-case), what price, how many and when. I don't want to commit to anything at this point to avoid putting unneeded pressure on myself, but once I'm good and ready I'll get in touch with people who told me they were interested.
Stay tuned!

Great news! Hopefully you can also revisit the software side and let folks choose between 12hr system or 24hr system (my preference).

Good work!

1 month later
#481 2 years ago
Quoted from meSz:

Phil, is it possible to have the clock on 24/7 so it always reflects the correct time but to have the ability to not have the lights on all the time?

The only way this would work is if the clock is now a 24hr clock or has an AM/PM indicator somewhere. I vote 24hr clock

8 months later
#577 1 year ago

Lookin great!

1 month later
#619 1 year ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

As a lucky owner of one of PhilGreg's clocks, I would be interested to see that!

+1

2 months later
#674 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I thought the exact same thing today when looking at mine!

Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Got my clock; the thing is a work of art. Thank you for all the effort in making these available!
One thing I was wondering is if the "24 hour clock" is something you had considered coding? e.g. instead of 04:45 pm it would shouw 14:45 .
Give the left most score real some more use and we tend to use 24 hour clocks where we can FWIW!
I don't think that is a deal breaker for anybody, just surprised it had not come in the thread more often!
Jason

Quoted from PhilGreg:

I was sort of pushing back on it because I feel it's more period correct with the regular 12h cycle, and with the first implementation of the code it wasn't that simple to switch it. Since then I have updated the code and I have produced a 24h version for somebody which they installed successfully.
What I can do is figure a way to make it togglable without needing to update the hardware. I'll think of something and get that out there.

That’s me. I have it set on 24 hrs and love it that way. The only issue is that it then required a full manual calibration after updating the firmware. Not complicated but maybe not for everyone.

3 months later
#726 10 months ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Here we go, that’s better.
I reviewed Phil’s instructions. Important to align the translite with the top of the plexiglass. Bingo!
[quoted image]

Hmm. It's Vertigo... Not Bingo!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrmikeman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-score-reel-clock-project?tu=mrmikeman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.