(Topic ID: 125919)

Score Reel Clocks by Ayscrim Studios - Space Girl Eclipse Edition!

By PhilGreg

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 918 posts
  • 145 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 42 hours ago by PhilGreg
  • Topic is favorited by 139 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which Gottlieb theme should I do next? Reply in thread for me to add others.”

• Slick Chick 1 vote
    17%
  • Astro 1 vote
    17%
  • Universe 0 votes
  • Abra Ca Dabra 2 votes
    33%
  • Centigrade 37 0 votes
  • Flying Carpet 2 votes
    33%

(6 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240411_163837~2 (resized).jpg
20240413_162316 (resized).jpg
20240412_190438~2 (resized).jpg
20240412_145147~2 (resized).jpg
20240413_212238~4 (resized).jpg
20240413_183900~2 (resized).jpg
20240413_121324~2 (resized).jpg
SGE1 (resized).png
20240409_065835 (resized).png
SGE1 (resized).png
SGE4 (resized).png
SGE5 (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 11-49-16 Ayscrim Studios (@ayscrimstudios) • Instagram photos and videos (resized).png
20240407_170705~2 (resized).jpg
pintastic (resized).png
20240320_193056 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr-tommy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#360 2 years ago

@philgreg, Haven't visited your thread in a while and amazed at the beautiful craftsmanship and design, and all the progress you've made!

Please put me down for one if there's still room in batch 2, otherwise pencil me in for batch 3. Already dreaming of some nice art ideas...

1 year later
#597 1 year ago

Been following this thread for quite a while now, so it was great to hear from you @PhilGreg! PayPal sent.

Amazing to see such progress compared to your first coil-firing prototype years ago. Happy to have a chance to own such an unique mechanical hommage to the pinball of yesteryears (and to support Ayscrim Studios!).

At some point next year I'll try adding a few different translite designs to the clock and post back here with the results.

Keep up the great work, your methodology and the build quality and attention to detail is impressive!

3 weeks later
#623 1 year ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

And here we go!
Custom design for Vertigo Pinball!

Just saw the short video you put on Instagram, looks amazing! Paint apps match really well, nice work on top of your already cool clock.

I'm even more inspired now to make a few custom mini translites, I have some ideas for next year, but plan to enjoy your clock (still en route to Switzerland) in its naked form for awhile.

For all the fans here of the EM era, what are some nice surf, Tiki, beach themed titles with decent art? I looked through the machine archives but not sure what the popular titles were. Considering making a translite like PhilGreg did on the original...

I won't paint the case though so I can always swap translites time to time...

2 weeks later
#634 1 year ago

Philippe that heater is super sweet. Back in the day in NJ I had a detached 2-car garage (with lift) with a wood burning stove. Still remember how sweet it was to go make a fire and come back an hour later, and have a great time tuning cars in my tee-shirt in the middle of winter. Plus the heater will help your paint projects dry all winter long.

Nicely done with the paint rotisserie. That + your website is making this look like a solid production line! Seems like something an engineer would do...

3 weeks later
#643 1 year ago

This is one of my favorite threads on Pinside. It's been great to follow so many years of development!

@PhilGreg, the clock made it safely to Switzerland . Got it just a few days before Christmas, perfect timing. Packaging was excellent; it was a long trip.

Plugged it in (no problem with our 230v 50hz mains), set the time, and currently have it in our living room. Wife isn't into older EM pinball, but after seeing this in action for a few hours, she was hooked and loves it.

Quality is amazing, this is one solid unit! We'll keep it on display like this for awhile but I'm already working on a few translite designs.

Its a lot of fun just setting the time, and really cool to see the minutes and hours change so smoothly. Never thought I would be so excited about a clock..

Have a great New Year everyone. Wishing you all lots of Health, Happiness and Success in 2023!

DSC_0273.JPGDSC_0273.JPGDSC_0275.JPGDSC_0275.JPG
1 month later
#681 1 year ago

PhilGreg very cool to come back into this thread after a few weeks and see all the cool stuff.. The art & box painting on Finish line came out great, and the Hell on Wheels line art is great. Is that your own sketch or are you copy-editing that from something else?

Also very cool you coded the 24-hour clock option, thanks for that feature. I'm going to try it this week!

3 weeks later
#694 1 year ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

Guys, I have to figure out how to make this happen but I'm starting to have a few original designs as well I'm working on. I'll see how to make those available in the future, maybe people can even swap them to switch things up.

Philippe, you were fast with the writing the one-click update for the 24-hour function. I will try this on my clock tomorrow and report back.

For the translite designs, I am also working on a few. You can just perhaps create a sharepoint drive or something to use as a design library, and we can all drop in our designs so your other customers can browse and download them if they want. You can perhaps also list a few of the favorite translite printing companies in Canada and NORAM in general that people can use to get them printed on the translite plastic.

I have 3 designs I'm working on now (time permitting)...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI
900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr-tommy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-score-reel-clock-project?tu=dr-tommy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.