== PART VI - Post-Mortem ==
So, this afternoon I shipped the last 2 of the batch of 12.
A few parts of my house were becoming sort of a mess, so first on the list is cleaning up.
I'll also need to finish shopping out this Wipe-Out so I can get it out of the way. As a sidenote, I picked up the worlds shittiest Wipe-Out this winter, thinking it was a good deal. When I showed up to the guys place with money in hand, I still picked it up but figured I'd just play it for a while then resell it, hopefully not at a loss.
But I couldn't even play it because the PF disgusted me
I worked on the playfield here and there, but the machine was in the way ever since in the workshop and I had to squeeze around it to work on the clocks. Pretty annoying.
Here's the before and after for the PF:
Once that's done I'll clean up the workshop too and that should be it for this run.
So building these 12 was really a lot of work, and the bad news for those on the waiting list is that I can't envision just starting another batch with the exact same build/process for what profit I made doing it.
The good news is that there are some specific aspects that were very time consuming and I think I can improve on the clock design itself to make the process easier. I'm still interested in the challenge of improving upon this iteration, so I'll probably be going back to the drawing board over the fall and winter, and potentially come up with another iteration early next year.
I'm glad I went with this number of units as it allowed me to find out issues I hadn't realized doing a single prototype yet I didn't dig too large a hole for myself that I couldn't get out of.
I'll keep updating this thread in the process to keep things interesting and keep people up to date, so keep watching!