409537B0-E1AF-41C4-9439-0822D08BE728 (resized).jpeg
20210823_181109 (resized).jpg
20210823_174725 (resized).jpg
20210823_174633 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210814_214501_01 (resized).jpg
IMG_4038 (resized).JPG
IMG_40372 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

There are 418 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.
#401 56 days ago

Nothing like a nice surprise at the end of an otherwise crappy Monday! Thanks PhilGreg! Arrived in the mail today, well packed and snug as a bug in a rug. One minor issue - hour button would not work. Quick check inside, one of the spade connections had come off. 60 second fix including unscrewing the case - all good! No more putting off the artwork thou -

Picking from this list of Wedgeheads:

Centigrade 37
Abra Ca Dabra
Astro
El Dorado
Flying Carpet
Galaxie
Freefall/Sky Dive/Sky Jump
Captain Card

My wife likes Galaxie and Centigrade 37 best, then Astro. Any suggestions?

20210823_181109 (resized).jpg20210823_174725 (resized).jpg20210823_174633 (resized).jpg
#402 56 days ago

Mines been running for a week with no issues. Best purchase of 2021. Thanks again Phil!! I can't decide if I want to do a translite or not. It is so gorgeous.

#403 56 days ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

Any suggestions?

My 2 cents:

C37 or Abra

#404 56 days ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

Nothing like a nice surprise at the end of an otherwise crappy Monday! Thanks PhilGreg! Arrived in the mail today, well packed and snug as a bug in a rug. One minor issue - hour button would not work. Quick check inside, one of the spade connections had come off. 60 second fix including unscrewing the case - all good! No more putting off the artwork thou -
Picking from this list of Wedgeheads:
Centigrade 37
Abra Ca Dabra
Astro
El Dorado
Flying Carpet
Galaxie
Freefall/Sky Dive/Sky Jump
Captain Card
My wife likes Galaxie and Centigrade 37 best, then Astro. Any suggestions?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback - so you're saying it came off on the button end, not the PCB end? If so, I'll just squeeze them a little tighter with pliers so that doesn't happen.
If so, also just a tip for the other ones that are in route if you do run into this. On some of them the buttons aren't too hard to pull out using your fingernails, that could be an easier way to get to them.

Cheers!

#405 55 days ago

Just came here to say that clock has arrived safe and sound. These things look even cooler in person. Such a great concept and execution!

#406 55 days ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback - so you're saying it came off on the button end, not the PCB end? If so, I'll just squeeze them a little tighter with pliers so that doesn't happen.

Yep, the button end, really no big deal at all, too easy.

#407 55 days ago

Don't know how I never messaged in here before because I have been following the thread but definitely include me for batch #2 if you are doing it! PM sent as well!

#408 49 days ago

Greetings from sunny Florida! This arrived in perfect condition! And, of course, it looks fantastic. Thank you!!!

409537B0-E1AF-41C4-9439-0822D08BE728 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#409 35 days ago

My clock arrived last week.

It's excellent.

The biggest challenge was squeezing enough art into the small display area.

I decided to print out both Fun Fest and Road Race to see which I liked best.

The logos both kinda got cut out on top as there was very little room to play with above the digits.

Clock is great!
20210913_153549 (resized).jpg20210913_155430 (resized).jpg

#410 35 days ago
Quoted from RTS:

It's excellent.
The logos both kinda got cut out on top as there was very little room to play with above the digits.
Clock is great!
[quoted image][quoted image]

So good.

#411 35 days ago
Quoted from RTS:

It's excellent.
Clock is great!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! I vote Road Race!

#412 35 days ago

Add me to the list please Phil - beautiful work sir!

#413 28 days ago

== PART VI - Post-Mortem ==

So, this afternoon I shipped the last 2 of the batch of 12.

IMG_4113 (resized).JPG

A few parts of my house were becoming sort of a mess, so first on the list is cleaning up.

IMG_4112 (resized).JPG
IMG_4111 (resized).JPG

I'll also need to finish shopping out this Wipe-Out so I can get it out of the way. As a sidenote, I picked up the worlds shittiest Wipe-Out this winter, thinking it was a good deal. When I showed up to the guys place with money in hand, I still picked it up but figured I'd just play it for a while then resell it, hopefully not at a loss.
But I couldn't even play it because the PF disgusted me

I worked on the playfield here and there, but the machine was in the way ever since in the workshop and I had to squeeze around it to work on the clocks. Pretty annoying.
Here's the before and after for the PF:

IMG_3389 (resized).JPG
IMG_4119 (resized).JPG

Once that's done I'll clean up the workshop too and that should be it for this run.

After that?

So building these 12 was really a lot of work, and the bad news for those on the waiting list is that I can't envision just starting another batch with the exact same build/process for what profit I made doing it.

The good news is that there are some specific aspects that were very time consuming and I think I can improve on the clock design itself to make the process easier. I'm still interested in the challenge of improving upon this iteration, so I'll probably be going back to the drawing board over the fall and winter, and potentially come up with another iteration early next year.
I'm glad I went with this number of units as it allowed me to find out issues I hadn't realized doing a single prototype yet I didn't dig too large a hole for myself that I couldn't get out of.

I'll keep updating this thread in the process to keep things interesting and keep people up to date, so keep watching!

#414 28 days ago

Great work. Take a break you earned it. But not too long cause I want in on batch two

#415 27 days ago

I decided to just keep the Road Race for my clock.

If anyone doesn't want to design and print their own clock translite, I'll send my Fun Fest for my cost ($20) plus shipping.

See post #409 above. PM if interested.

EDIT: Sold

#416 27 days ago
Quoted from RTS:

I decided to just keep the Road Race for my clock.
If anyone doesn't want to design and print their own clock translite, I'll send my Fun Fest for my cost ($20) plus shipping.
See post #409 above. PM if interested.

PM Sent!

2 weeks later
#417 13 days ago

Finished mine with help from RTS. Thanks Philippe and RTS.

C2B5CE3F-4CBA-4DE4-8E20-6A6A6DD4ADE7 (resized).jpeg
#418 13 days ago
Quoted from Tortelvis:

Finished mine with help from RTS. Thanks Philippe and RTS.
[quoted image]

Awesome! Very cool presentation.

I get asked by my friends "who the hell is gonna buy a 200$ pinball clock?!" and I tell them it is niche, but there are some interested people. The type of people who neatly collect 7 years worth of past versions of TurboTax in their library

There are 418 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 9.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside