(Topic ID: 71732)

Gottlieb score motor rebuild - a walkthrough

By DirtFlipper

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1718 (resized).PNG
    IMG_1716 (resized).PNG
    IMG_1717 (resized).PNG
    IMG_1716 (resized).PNG
    image (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpg
    2013Nov26 033.JPG
    2013Nov26 029.JPG
    oilingpad.jpg
    2013Nov26 026.JPG
    2013Nov26 021.JPG
    2013Nov26 018-577.JPG
    2013Nov26 019.JPG
    2013Nov26 015.JPG
    2013Nov26 012.JPG
    2013Nov26 011.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeO.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from wolverinetuner:

In addition to cleaning up the metal parts, I managed to clean all the switch contacts with alcohol and burnish and reinstall them without breaking off any soldered jumpers between switch stacks. It was great to have that kind of access to all the switches. Here's the before and after comparison (sorry, I did't mean to attach the before photo again, and I can't seem to delete it).
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Nice work. It isn't clear from your after photo but be sure to apply some SuperLube to the cam and post edges of the cam assembly to keep the metal on metal contact from wearing those parts out.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeO.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-score-motor-rebuild-a-walkthrough?tu=MikeO and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.