You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

InkedCoindoor_LI (resized).jpg
Coindoor (resized).jpg
Inkedunnamed_LI (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

I picked up a Gottlieb 4 Square yesterday that was just going to be thrown in the dumpster. When I turn the machine on, the score motor keeps spinning and won't stop. A clicking sound can be heard from the coin door, and the part marked in red in the picture below keeps moving back and forth. Also included is a picture of the coin switches. The photo with a blue circle shows a "hook" that I think seems to be out of place near the coin switches. Does this seem right? Would it be causing the score motor to keep spinning? Any help would be appreciated.

Coindoor (resized).jpgCoindoor (resized).jpgInkedCoindoor_LI (resized).jpgInkedCoindoor_LI (resized).jpgInkedunnamed_LI (resized).jpgInkedunnamed_LI (resized).jpg
#2 2 years ago

The switch on he coin door may cause the score motor to run. Make sure the contacts on that switch are not touching.

#3 2 years ago

Best to unplug the coin door Jones Plug to isolate the score motor issue. If no difference, Then disconnect the Jones plugs from the playfield to the back box and if applicable, to the bottom board.

#4 2 years ago

The parts you circled and highlighted have the function of rejecting coins when the game is unplugged or the motor isn't in its home position. So as long as the motor is running, that relay will click on and off. This is normal.

For more than that, look on the schematic for which switches/relays can keep the motor running, or see the reply I sent you in a private message.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 12.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-score-motor-keeps-spinning and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.