3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by RWH
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RWH.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 3 years ago

I just always used a rubber pencil style eraser to clean them.

Quoted from Pandelis:

Try it in a different location to start, I’ve read magic eraser to clean the contacts too, maybe someone else can pipe in on that one.

Be sure to turn it off each time you remove one of those displays and turn back on after it's in again.

#9 3 years ago

The fact that the display is totally blank would lead me to suspect the chip on the back failed rather than just one or more of the diodes. I have never repaired one I usually just replace it but they are getting harder to get now.

That sort of pulsing (strobing) of the displays is very common and really tied to the grounding issues with system80 pins. Have the ground mods been done on your pins? I personally have not done mine, I only added the extra ground wire in the harness between MPU and driver board as my pins are not on for hours everyday like they would be in a commercial setting but it is a measure of bullet proofing them so to speak.

I have re-pinned all my connectors and replaced all the caps and mine have remained rock solid for a few years now so i would recommend you do the connectors at minimum as they are responsible for all kinds of odd maladies.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RWH.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-score-display-disappeared-?tu=RWH and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.