Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by TICTAC
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hello everyone, I gave a 1978 Gottlieb game with serial number 1044 S. Does this signify a sample game like it does with the older EM's?

#2 5 years ago

I believe so. I think "X" is another indicator? What game?

#3 5 years ago

Most certainly.
1000s generally equal sample
S generally equals sample

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from newmantjn:

Most certainly.
1000s generally equal sample
S generally equals sample

What about 1283S

#5 5 years ago

Submit your serial number to IPSND.net and it will confirm if it's a production or sample game - but generally any with an S is a sample as already stated above.

#6 5 years ago

guessing it is a hit the deck since you linked that game to the topic

#7 5 years ago

Yes, It is a Hit The Deck. When I posted the number on IPSND it said the number arrangement didn't match previous postings. The odd thing it the game came from a distributor in MA and the serial number 1044 is on the paperwork. When I looked at the cabinet it is clearly 1044S. Personally, I always thought sample games started at 1001. I never noticed one that high. I didn't notice any differences on the game but didn't look too closely. I have a sample Diamond Jack and will look at that number. The playfield artwork on that one is clearly different from the production playfield.

#8 5 years ago

I have a HtD with serial number 01064s you might want to add the zero before the one

#9 5 years ago

I have seen sample numbers up to about 100 on certain gottlieb games.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinjunkie16:

Yes, It is a Hit The Deck. When I posted the number on IPSND it said the number arrangement didn't match previous postings. The odd thing it the game came from a distributor in MA and the serial number 1044 is on the paperwork. When I looked at the cabinet it is clearly 1044S. Personally, I always thought sample games started at 1001. I never noticed one that high. I didn't notice any differences on the game but didn't look too closely. I have a sample Diamond Jack and will look at that number. The playfield artwork on that one is clearly different from the production playfield.

I'm an administrator over at the IPSND...I'll take a look at the submission tomorrow. Some of the shorter run games, like yours, don't have their serial number masks clearly defined...so it may not have recognized it.

#11 5 years ago

I had a look today, but I can't do much to edit the mask because there was no photo submitted. Perhaps go back in and add a photo, or post the photos of the different serials on the game here and I can add them to the database for you under your original submission.

#12 5 years ago

I have so the 01044 S...It's a Joker Poker!

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside