right side (resized).jpg
pf 2 (resized).jpg
lower pf (resized).jpg
RULE CARD (resized).jpg
TBL artblades PST (resized).jpg
TBL DECAL SET PST (resized).jpg
TBL BG PST (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

A year or more ago my good friend Mr.68 had a genius idea and asked me to make him a back glass for his strikes and spares that rethemed it to a Big Lewboski. I did just that and he has an older thread here showing that work. Sometime later I ended up with a strikes and spares and decided to take it the distance and finish that conversion. I did modify the backglass art some, and added a full set of cabinet decals, playfield deals, sideblades, and rule card (which I cannot take any credit for.), also black powder coating, lighted red flipper buttons, full LEDS and changed all the flasher domes to clear and used super bright LED flashers that alternate incolor, red blue, purple green, ble red. I really like how the cab decals and artblades work together making a Dude side and a Walter side. The finished piece a much brighter and more fun presentation to this one trick pony of a game that is good traditional fun. Im making this available to anyone who wants to convert their game and have a "poor mans Lebowski." It will include everything seen here and the backglasses are very nice and a reverse print on acrylic, not a transite. Im missing a pic of the print file for the playfield quotes but will update soon. My game is headed for the marketplace if anyone is interested in the kit or my game please pm me. This machine will really tie your collection together!

TBL BG PST (resized).jpgTBL BG PST (resized).jpgTBL DECAL SET PST (resized).jpgTBL DECAL SET PST (resized).jpgTBL artblades PST (resized).jpgTBL artblades PST (resized).jpgRULE CARD (resized).jpgRULE CARD (resized).jpglower pf (resized).jpglower pf (resized).jpgpf 2 (resized).jpgpf 2 (resized).jpgright side (resized).jpgright side (resized).jpgdude head (resized).jpgdude head (resized).jpgClose up Dude (resized).jpgClose up Dude (resized).jpgwalter side (resized).jpgwalter side (resized).jpgclose up walter (resized).jpgclose up walter (resized).jpgright side 2 (resized).jpgright side 2 (resized).jpg

PF DECALS PIC (resized).jpgPF DECALS PIC (resized).jpg

#2 3 years ago

Very creative, looks great !

#3 3 years ago

Nice work! Love the attention to detail

#5 3 years ago

As a strikes n spares owner, i love it! Just needs a rug under it!

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

... Sometime later I ended up with a strikes and spares and decided to take it the distance and finish that conversion. ... This machine will really tie your collection together!

Wow - very cool Dude!

#7 3 years ago

Very well done!

Do you have a price list for the mods or do I have to buy the whole package? I really don't want to permanently modify the cabinet decals.

#8 3 years ago

Thanks Guys!

Quoted from Schwaggs:

Very well done!
Do you have a price list for the mods or do I have to buy the whole package? I really don't want to permanently modify the cabinet decals.

PM sent.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

... changed all the flasher domes to clear and used super bright LED flashers that alternate incolor, red blue, purple green, ble red.

Are you saying you alternated the colors of the LED flashers under the domes on each side of the game or do you have some magical, color changing flashers?

#10 3 years ago

Great work !!! Awsom !!

Love the Backglas art ! Love the instruction card ... will borrow it for my TBL if you agree !!

#11 3 years ago

Congrats! Really nice and I already had a look if there are any nice Gottlieb Strike n' Spares available for sale in Europe

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Are you saying you alternated the colors of the LED flashers under the domes on each side of the game or do you have some magical, color changing flashers?

I wish! What a great idea for comet to develop! By alternating I just meant that down the left side I have front to back red green blue, and on the right side, blue purple red.

#13 3 years ago

Full kits are available for anyone interested for $595 shipped in the US.

2 weeks later
#15 3 years ago

would be sweet to add some sound effects to switches or at least start button. anyone have those kinda skills?

2 years later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
ScottyMods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

14,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Miami, FL
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
TheDudeMods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 25.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 13,600.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.50
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Houston, TX
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,000 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 44.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

14,275 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dallas, TX
$ 210.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-s-the-big-lewboski-full-strikes-and-spares-conversion and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.