(Topic ID: 243687)

Gottlieb's Card Whiz Scoring Issue: Resolved!

By BleacherBum

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Finally getting back to working on my Card Whiz. Work and family obligations come first.

I though I had my Card Whiz working 100% but, quickly discovered that the scoring for player 1 is not scoring collectedly. Player 2 is scoring collectedly. Below is a table of scoring results for player 1. Scores were generated by tripping a switch(s) several time and recording the results after each scoring.

First Scoring
Second Scoring
Third Scoring
Fourth Scoring
Pop Bumpers
First Scoring Second Scoring Third Scoring Fourth Scoring
100 1200 12300 12300

Drop Targets
1000 12000 24000 34000
Targets (Jokers)
34500 89000 113500
Rollovers
34500 89000 113500
Special
1000 11200 23000 34000

I gotten myself confused. Just when I think I have a handle on the schematic, they slap me back in place. I not sure what to investigate next. The pin resets, ball advances correctly for a 1 or 2 player game. Player 2 scores correctly, Bonus is collected correctly, and the match unit works. I have given looked at but, not yet checked with my DMM the following:
*Score Reels
*N, M, and L relays
*500 and 300 relays

I thought about poking around the score motor but, did not want to start blindly messing with it.

If someone could point me to the correct circuit/switch to investigate I will be very thankful.

Phil

#2 4 years ago

It's the "9" switch on your hundreds, thousands, and ten thousands reels. The switch should only be closed when the reel is in the nine position, and that is what tells the next higher reel to turn over.

If P2 scoring is fine, check one of those score reels, and watch the switch positions at 0, 1-8, and 9. Adjust your P1 reels to match.

#3 4 years ago

Hi CaffeineSlug, just had a chance to relook at the switch positions. You are correct. Adjusted the switch a bit and the pin is now scoring collector. Down side is my scores are a lot lower now

Thanks again for the speedy response!

Regards,
Phil

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-s-card-whiz-scoring-issue-player-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.