(Topic ID: 254502)

Gottlieb Roto target scores correct but bell rings -1?

By 4Max

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by HowardR
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Match predictor (resized).jpg
Capture2 (resized).JPG
Capture4 (resized).JPG
Capture1 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 4max.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hi, looking for help again on my Hi Dolly.

The Roto target scores correctly, for all numbers, but only pulses the 0-9 unit (with the bell) one less than it should, so 4 times for the 5 target (but adds 5 to score), 3 for 4, etc and none for 1 (again, the score reel moves 1 correctly). This occurs regardless of left or right roto target switch, and regardless of first or second player.

Here's the relevant part of the schematic.

Capture1 (resized).JPGCapture1 (resized).JPG

I have checked all the score motor switches and "appear" good. I figured easiest test is on the 5 target (my red "1" above) as then simply the 1A should fire 5 times (red "2") until 4C Opens (red "3")

But when I manually turn the score motor, with a meter on 1A, I notice that 4C closes just before the final close of 1A. As far as I can see, all the score motor switches are screwed in tight, clean, etc and nothing looks obviously wrong?

Photos of score motor:
Starting position, 4C closed (red arrow)
Capture2 (resized).JPGCapture2 (resized).JPG

Just before motor comes to rest point - 4C opens (red), but 1A firing one last time (blue - the switch is not visible its on lowest row of motor)
Capture4 (resized).JPGCapture4 (resized).JPG

As usual I must be missing something simple/stupid! Ideas?

#3 4 years ago

Well first MarkG thank you for your answer (again) and secondly maybe saving me hours (months) of pain! Your theory is fascinating... and that Gottlieb assumes pinball players would struggle with arithmetic that was target - 1 . Thank you as always.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 4max.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-roto-target-scores-correct-but-bell-rings-1?tu=4max and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.