• Latest reply 4 years ago by willie0912
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
#1 4 years ago

I am working on a gottlieb roller coaster all the score reels reset to zero player unit resets but score motor keeps running. Also while score motor runs the 00-90 unit keeps kicking in and out, Any ideas anyone, Thanks Bill

#2 4 years ago

Does it get through this whole sequence?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3 4 years ago

I have one in proper working order so if I can assist in any way please let me know

G

#4 4 years ago

Ok, So I got the reset problem fixed, Had one score reel even though it was resetting to zero one contact was not adjusted right. Now the game plays fine except for the 3 rollover lanes that are supposed to score the pointer value don't score. The u relay pulls in and the score motor runs but no points score. Also the two bottom kickout holes kick the ball out but don't score the pointer points. Bill

#5 4 years ago

I'll need to see a high quality scan of the schematic from (for example) Staples ($2) or Kinkos ($6)

#6 4 years ago

If neither the rollovers nor the kick out holes are scoring it could be a bad motor switch 1A or dirty or misaligned wiper on J relay.

#7 4 years ago

Probably the pointer contacts. The 1A seems to be OK because the reels reset.

#8 4 years ago

The 1A switch that pays the pointer score is separate to the one that resets score reels. Also the score earned in the kick out holes and rollovers is determined by J, the scan relay.

#9 4 years ago

I'll check all that out and get back to everyone in a few days when I can get to it, Thanks

#10 4 years ago

Well I cleaned the pointer contacts and pointer board, the 1a motor contacts, and then noticed the 2nd player 100's score reel was giving me problems, so I cleaned and readjusted it and all is well now, Thanks everyone for your inputs.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-roller-coaster-1?hl=willie0912 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.