(Topic ID: 167303)

Gottlieb Rocky System 80A sounds but no speech?

By balboarules

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Hey guys

I just got Rocky back, the game is supposed to have speech stating round 1-10, Ha-Ha etc.. but no speech is coming from the game at all, the music is fine and other sounds, but no speech.. Any idea where to start? I checked the dip switch settings on the sound board and they are all where they should be.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks
Steve

#2 7 years ago

Cleaning the edge connector contacts with a pink rubber eraser is usually my first step. Next is voltages, followed by continuity and connectors, and probably verifying the speech ROM is sitting in the socket correctly. Then, I usually clean the chip's legs (also with a pink eraser--but carefully).

#3 7 years ago

Thanks Force.

#4 7 years ago

Got the speech back, had to bend the black diamond shaped heat sink a little bit, and boom speech is back.. Got lucky on that one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-rocky-system-80a-sounds-but-no-speech and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.