Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by noflip95
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

New Video showing Gottlieb's ROCKY from 1982...plus some neat stuff about the machine featured in Rocky 3 that I uncovered, and our usual fun--my brother Rob helps me as we also show game play and rules. Plus, do you know what the difference between a System 80 and a System 80A start up sequence? We had fun making this and hope you enjoy it too!

#2 6 years ago

nice Video Todd !

#3 6 years ago

As Always

#4 6 years ago

I'm sorry, but his videos can be like sitting and waiting to see the dentist.

#5 6 years ago

Todd you're the best. Slap stick at its finest! What does your brother do anyway? I guess you have to throw the bones to the dimwit that can't find the animal.

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I'm sorry, but his videos can be like sitting and waiting to see the dentist.

I know and understand what you're saying, and I don't watch Todd's videos often, but he has been able to provide a LOT of Gottlieb sys1 and sys80 info on video that i've never seen anywhere else

#7 6 years ago

Haha. Awesome!

#8 6 years ago

More Todd and pinball, less everyone else

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from DK:

I know and understand what you're saying, and I don't watch Todd's videos often, but he has been able to provide a LOT of Gottlieb sys1 and sys80 info on video that i've never seen anywhere else

I agree, I guess I don't care for the cornball humor sometimes. It's not a knock against him personally, because I have learned quite a bit from his videos, especially the solid state bowlers. Some of his shtick just gets long in the tooth.

#10 6 years ago

I want at LEAST 6 hour long videos of absolutely nothing but Todd's face superimposed on a pinball wildly shooting across a game. Until my demands are met I will thumbs-down all his videos with my numerous troll accounts.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I agree, I guess I don't care for the cornball humor sometimes.... Some of his shtick just gets long in the tooth.

His cameraman is painful, too.

#12 6 years ago

I liked how they superimposed Todd's face on Paulie's, and then the detail of all the engineering of that game! Loved the explanation of the switch in the middle drain, where you could win or lose the round. What was the rare info part?

#13 6 years ago

At least SOME people like my videos! Thanks guys!

#14 6 years ago

I liked it right up to the point that you put the sticker on the apron....ugh!! Perhaps have little advertising magnets made instead of the stickers ?? Just a suggestion.

John

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

At least SOME people like my videos! Thanks guys!

+1
Yes we love your videos, Todd. Often humorist, and always interesting.

The Rocky sound board is indeed, a great source of inspiration ! Round 'one', 'two', 'three'... hey that's a great usage of the SC01.
Luckily they added the gong !

Removing the boot time on the 80A system is really an improvement (and this is one of the first modifications we have implemented on our system 80). Note that, there is one 80A model that has a startup delay : the Caveman. But in this case, the delay is really useful because the CPU is waiting for the video card to be initialized.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 3.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-rocky-and-some-neat-unknown-facts-tnt-amusements and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.