Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by steviechs
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Gtb Road Race manually started by hitting the S relay cycles the score motor, resets both banks, ball count, all score wheels and pulls the Hold relay. Per the startup sequence on pinrepair the Hold relay is what's supposed to illuminate the playfield if it's the first game. However I get no lights or power to the flippers. The score motor continues to run like something isn't reset but there is only a ball count stepper and the 4 score wheels which all look correct.

Playfield Jones plugs were wire brushed before plugging in. Any suggestions? thanks in advance

#2 6 years ago

I just had an issue with a Gottlieb Royal Flush that had no playfield lights (no GI nor controlled) and found the issue to be my Playfield fuse holder just wasn't making a good contact. It looked fine but when I removed the fuse and jumped it with a new fuse holder with test clips, all the lights worked. Also found the lightbox fuse & holder were too hot to the touch however that fuse did not blow. Replaced both fuse holders and I was good to go. Not sure about your flippers though.

#3 6 years ago

playfield fuse & holder looks ok, but I'll give that a shot. Someone wrote just below the fuse holder 1amp slo-blow. I don't have a schematic yet but my gut says that might be incorrect

#4 6 years ago

Mine looked ok as well. Don't let your eyes deceive you on any pinball machine issue/repair. Sometimes its best to verify the obvious. Look on the schematic but the fuse is most likely a 10 amp FB

#5 6 years ago

Turns out a solid cleaning of the jones plugs, cleaning the Hold contacts, & replacing all the fuses got the GI lights working.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-road-race-wont-illuminate-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.