Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Mibs start relay (resized).jpg
6E4A014A-B55D-491D-9994-CE68191C6236 (resized).jpeg
A227AC61-47AA-43F2-AC65-833C10A3A94F (resized).jpeg
CF163BA2-BBE6-4169-9BAC-6EC0ADA1EBED (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

So I’m working on Gottlieb rod race. I have to tilt the game to be able start the game. My start switch gas 25VAC ok but doesn’t start the start relay after I cycle through one game. Not sure where to go from here. Everything works great but is acting like it doesn’t recognize the credits after the game ends. I can hit the start relay and the game kicks on like it should. Any ideas?

6E4A014A-B55D-491D-9994-CE68191C6236 (resized).jpeg6E4A014A-B55D-491D-9994-CE68191C6236 (resized).jpegA227AC61-47AA-43F2-AC65-833C10A3A94F (resized).jpegA227AC61-47AA-43F2-AC65-833C10A3A94F (resized).jpegCF163BA2-BBE6-4169-9BAC-6EC0ADA1EBED (resized).jpegCF163BA2-BBE6-4169-9BAC-6EC0ADA1EBED (resized).jpeg
#2 4 years ago

If everything works properly when you manually press the Start (S) relay, then there's an issue with the start circuit that includes the start/credit button switch. Do you have a schematic for the machine? I don't have a Road Race schematic, so I'm looking at a Aquarius schematic.

There are approximately ten switches in the start circuit, but you can narrow down the source of the problem if the machine starts from the start/credit button when the machine is in tilt mode. If that's the case, then most likely the problem is with the zero position ball count unit switch. This zero position switch needs to be closed in game over mode. Make sure the switch is clean and adjusted properly...

#3 4 years ago

This is from Mibs made a few months before:
Mibs start relay (resized).jpgMibs start relay (resized).jpg
I agree with fredsmythson that the Zero Position Ball Count Unit switch is the likely culprit. You can see here if the Tilt relay has tripped then the circuit can complete without the Zero Position Ball Count Unit switch.

/Mark

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from fredsmythson:

If everything works properly when you manually press the Start (S) relay, then there's an issue with the start circuit that includes the start/credit button switch. Do you have a schematic for the machine? I don't have a Road Race schematic, so I'm looking at a Aquarius schematic.
There are approximately ten switches in the start circuit, but you can narrow down the source of the problem if the machine starts from the start/credit button when the machine is in tilt mode. If that's the case, then most likely the problem is with the zero position ball count unit switch. This zero position switch needs to be closed in game over mode. Make sure the switch is clean and adjusted properly...

Just got them in the mail today. So going to start troubleshooting tomorrow. Will post follow up. Thank you

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-road-race and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.