Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

C7425473-FE44-4642-AE7F-A54B01BD97D6 (resized).jpeg
57B9F64B-CD3D-4B1B-A44C-5F283448F6EF (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Back of Playfield (resized).png
#1 2 years ago

Does anyone have a picture and/or part number for the lamp sockets that are under the headlights of the ambulance on the playfield? Mine were removed for some reason and wires are just dangling.

I believe they're strobes, similar to the back glass based on the description in the manual. This is all I could find:
DRV. 0 Left Headlight, #904; #67
DRV. 1 Right headlight, #904; #67.

Is any part of that the part#? If anyone could help me restore these sockets/bulbs, it would be greatly appreciated.

I have circled the unpopulated section in the attached picture. The picture is flipped so the closest portion of the playfield is at the bottom.

Thanks!

Back of Playfield (resized).pngBack of Playfield (resized).png
#2 2 years ago

Gottlieb 24965 or Williams A-17984. They seem to be mostly out of stock, so you might have to scavenge a used one from somewhere.

#3 2 years ago

Thank you for your quick response. The hunt begins!

#4 2 years ago

Stores seem to have the socket with the shorter arm in stock. Is there any reason you couldn't use that with a tube spacer or drilled block of wood to make up the difference?

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/077-5101-00
https://www.pinballlife.com/bayonet-base-2-lead-socket-with-short-mounting-bracket-for-89-bulbs.html

#5 2 years ago

That game seemed to have alot of the ambulance headlight inserts burn and turn the playfield brown. I've seen it on a few R911s. Maybe they were locking on and the owner just removed the bulbs/sockets instead of addressing the underlying cause.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from latenite04:

Stores seem to have the socket with the shorter arm in stock. Is there any reason you couldn't use that with a tube spacer or drilled block of wood to make up the difference?
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/077-5101-00
https://www.pinballlife.com/bayonet-base-2-lead-socket-with-short-mounting-bracket-for-89-bulbs.html

I was thinking the same thing. Thanks for linking those!

Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

That game seemed to have alot of the ambulance headlight inserts burn and turn the playfield brown. I've seen it on a few R911s. Maybe they were locking on and the owner just removed the bulbs/sockets instead of addressing the underlying cause.

Interesting. The white on the back of these inserts look showroom fresh, though. But, now I have something to watch for/worry about!

So I took a #67 bulb, soldered some leads and hooked up to the right headlight blue/black (or blue/brown) lead and then I had 4 green/green wires to choose from. Only one of the four caused the bulb to light when in test mode. Can I assume all green/green wires at this point on the board were meant to be connected together or is that an unsafe assumption?

Thanks!!

#7 2 years ago

Here's how they were wired up on my game:

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Here's how they were wired up on my game:
[quoted image]

Thank you for that! It was odd that only one of the green/green caused either bulb to light. Thinking through it, I'm guessing the two on the right are then connected to the two on the left to complete the circuit.

I have my next test! Thanks!

#9 2 years ago

Test confirmed. Combining the two green/greens on each side allowed either side to work. Once I get some bulb sockets, I should have this back up and running!

Thanks again

3 weeks later
#10 2 years ago

Success! Just had to fashion up some stand offs since you can’t get the tall ones easily. Headlights restored!

Thanks!!

57B9F64B-CD3D-4B1B-A44C-5F283448F6EF (resized).jpeg57B9F64B-CD3D-4B1B-A44C-5F283448F6EF (resized).jpeg

C7425473-FE44-4642-AE7F-A54B01BD97D6 (resized).jpegC7425473-FE44-4642-AE7F-A54B01BD97D6 (resized).jpeg
#11 2 years ago

Nice adaptation.

I'd suggest using a nylon insert locknut instead of a regular hex nut. The hex nut may shake loose.

Also consider using LED bulbs for the headlights to avoid insert burn.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-rescue-911-playfield-ambulance-lamp-sockets and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.