6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Sonora70
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sonora70.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Restoring my Flip A Card. Down to my last, very odd issue. When I press the replay button the game starts as it should but I also get an additional game on the replay unit. On close observation, the replay unit actually tries to decrement once and then increments twice. So, if there are 2 games showing on the credit wheel, after the start of the game 3 will be showing instead of 1.

I also noticed that after I start a game and the ball is in the shooter lane, when I press the replay button it adds 2 more credits.

I do not have a schematic. I have been trying to figure something out using schematics from other gottlieb era games but having no luck.

It's acting as if the replay button is a coin switch giving 2 credits, but it also starts the game. Any ideas?

#2 6 years ago

follow up after reading some similar post, I disconnected the coin chute adjustment pins and it is still adding credit to the replay unit when I start a game. Relay "W" is pulling when I start a game as well, even with the coin chute adjustment pins disconnected.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from fredsmythson:

There is switch that is sending power to the XX relay coil (2 play relay) when the start/replay button is pressed. When the start/replay button is pressed, it should only send power to the S relay coil (start relay). There are three switches that can connect the XX relay coil circuit and the S relay coil circuit. Check the following switches to make sure they are adjusted properly:
S relay switch - brown/white wire and slate wire
XX relay switch - green/white wire and slate wire
XX relay switch - green wire and slate wire

Thanks for the replies! I cannot find an XX relay. Is it hidden somewhere?

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from fredsmythson:

I don't have access to a Flip A Card machine now, but you can locate the relay by using the wire colors. First, look for a relay that has a green/white wire and black wire connected to the coil. Next confirm it's the XX relay by looking at the switch stacks. There should be a green/white wire, a slate wire and a green wire attached to the switch stack wire lugs...

All of my relays are labeled. This is weird, I have an X, but no XX.

#9 6 years ago

Came home this afternoon and continued looking for the xx relay. No luck, can't find it. Wonder if there were 2 versions?

At any rate, I decided to run some more test. I tried to run continuity between the door and the Jones plug just inside the cabinet. Signal was weak so I took some sand paper and cleaned the male Jones plug. I put it back on and started a game and it worked! Played several games perfectly. I then decided to clean a few things up around the door and then decided I play a couple more games. The problem came back. After reseating the Jones plug again it's now working again. I suppose there is a short involving the Jones plug and/
or the door wiring. So......glad I'm in business. I at least know the general area of the short if it stops working again. I'd still like to solve the XX relay mystery.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sonora70.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-replay-button-and-replay-unit?tu=Sonora70 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.