You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1190 (resized).JPG
IMG_1189 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
IMG_1178 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider benhurr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago

Hi Cperro
Got a similar problem with a gate on my Stargate, the problem seems to be mechanical but after change many parts without resolved it, I check switches and it was the first 1 close at isle who opened too late so I adjust it closest to the came and it works good for now.
Don't know if it is the same mechanical and switches function but I hope it could help you.
Have fun

#4 5 years ago

Sorry Cperro but I don't have schematic...it also could be the coil. Switch it with another one with the same number to try if it works better or test ohm value between coil to compare with one working ( unsold common wire before) also test diode if there is one on them)
Could you send pictures of mecanism and also switches concerned on electric schematic

#6 5 years ago

Great i got a better look now.
So the problem could be a bad wire connection as you says but the coil works so it could only came from the ground wire number 9.
But it could also be the diode switch. Try by replace the switch with another same one and also look if the switch opened early when the coil is moving by pull up the ramp manually.
The switch might be opened at the top beginning of the ramp movement.

#12 5 years ago

Sorry for my wrong explanation but I was talking about a possible diode on the switch...If there is one.
Did you follow the wire 144 to the A3 master driver board. It could be a bad transistor...unplug A3j3 connector on A3 and test transistor (works as a diode so only one way to read values) and compare it to another one works with the same references on it (has it is on system 3...don't know on others system) you might have a diode tester on your multimeter if not put it on ohm (values where wrong but you might have same values on other transistors.)
You says that the second switch is for the light but I don't see this on your video...does it works well when switch close?
If there is an identical switch under the playfield, switch them to try if it works better.
Could you also send a picture of the light switch schematic?

#15 5 years ago

So if the coil stays up during test mode that prove A3 board is Ok.
If the ramp goes down, check at switches that close it.
The one after the ramp and the one when ball is lost. Look if they are close or open and try by invert there action by putting something between contact if closed or opened them if there are closed and look how ramp react now

#16 5 years ago

At start pinball pull the ramp up but if there are one of the 2 switches that tell it to be down the ramp goes down and pull it up again because one switch is in wrong position at start.

#19 5 years ago

Yep you are right I was looking at a gameplay video and there is no switch to pull it down...and opened when pass over switches up to flippers...If it came from MPU it probably be a sad connector...Clean them all and switches too.

#21 5 years ago

So many forum pages on this website concerning this ramp...
I've ears that 4 drop targets must be hit to pull down the ramp so maybe the problem cames from those targets or from connector that plug them to A3 board or transistor that pull them up...

1 week later
#24 5 years ago

You might shunt all ground wires on any gottlieb system pinball as it is preconised on pinrepair.com...and try after
Then check any switches on playfield if there's not a wire unsold...also clean them all with sand paper.
To control resistance on a connector put your multi on Ohmmeter and test wires (pinball off and don't care about + or - )...it can ring with less contact so check at the Ohmmeter and might have 1.
The better way is to scratch any pin on connector and spray contact cleaner...wait for an hour before push on.
Look any switch sometimes they can be locked by there carbon contact.
The most important is to shunt all ground wire 1st...that's what I done on my Stargate and no other transistor burns...also add a common wire who was forget on a double switch and everything works fine for so long after...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Smithfield, RI
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider benhurr.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-raven-ramp-issue?tu=benhurr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.