(Topic ID: 153266)

Gottlieb Raven helicopter start up when it shouldn't

By Topher5000

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

I don't know if this is related to the sound problem I'm having, so I started another thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/raven-no-sound
I was playing last night & I noticed that the helicopter starts up at times when it shouldn't. I think it's only supposed to start when you hit the spinner. I paid attention to it last night & it started when the ball went down the left inlane, hit a standup target, bounced around the pop bumpers... It didn't do it every time though. It's been doing this a while now but I didn't give it any thought. I'm not sure whether it started before the sound went out, after I did the ground mods, etc.
I have no idea where to start. Could there be a short somewhere?

#2 8 years ago

Anybody have any ideas about this? I paid attention last night & the helicopter started on pretty well everything except when the spinner was hit. I think this a bigger problem than the lack of sound. Could I have done something to the MPU or maybe my ground mods crossed something?

#3 8 years ago

Switch that activates it is set to tight, while playing game it's probably making contact and activating it. Try banging on the side of the cabinet while game is running and see if it activates it.

#4 8 years ago

Ah, never thought of that. I'll take a look. Although, it's only supposed to run when the spinner's hit & it doesn't.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Smithfield, RI
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-raven-helicopter-start-up-when-it-shouldnt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.