Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by cperro
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Question about the trip coils (A-19508) on my Raven: Should the trip coils stay energized while the targets are in the lowered position?

I've read https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gtb-raven-help-needed#post-4404605 and it says that the four snipers should be up in attract mode. Mine fire up and immediately go down, because i think the trip coils are stuck on. If this is the case, i should check the driver board L12, L13, L14 and L15 and see if they are shorted/failed?

When i received the game, each 19508 had one of its wires cut, disabling the coil. Each coil is somewhat crispy looking and one is very crispy and reads only 10ohm while the other 3 read about 33 ohm.

Thanks in advance!

#2 1 year ago

Those are not supposed to stay energized. Sounds like bad transistors. Throw out the 10-ohm crispy solenoid as well.

#3 1 year ago

Mine fire up & go down also. I think that's correct. The upper left, through the orbit, stays up though, if I remember correctly..

2 months later
#4 1 year ago

Hey, sorry to revive an old thread. I seem to have the same issue with my drop targets on my Raven, the wires were cut to the A-19508 coils and they are looking toasty. In the end what was the issue? If it was transistors could you elaborate how to check these and where they are? I'm a bit new to SS.

Thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
€ 8.40
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 149.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside