Quick Draw Bonus Count (resized).jpg
Quick Draw 2x Bonus scoring (resized).jpg
Quick Draw 1x Bonus scoring (resized).jpg
QD motor switch list (resized).jpg
QD rules (resized).jpg
Corral SM (resized).jpg
QD score motor switches (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29 5 years ago

There is no way for the game to score 1.5X bonus.

Getting A-B-C lanes out gives extra bonus each ball.

On balls 1-4 on 5 ball games and balls 1-2 on 3 ball games it will earn you 2X bonus.

On ball 5 on 5 ball games and ball 3 on 3 ball games it will earn you 3X bonus.

If this is not what you are getting there is a defect to diagnose.

11 months later
#44 4 years ago
Quoted from paulace:

Hi slochar - I didn't think of that. It looks just like every other Gottlieb I've poked my head into - which were all US versions. I haven't noticed any unusual markings...how would a 50Hz machine be marked? The voltages are all US normal - 6V for the lights and 27 or so for everything else.

The scoring/chime cadence would be faster, by 16.67%.

#55 4 years ago

I agree with Mark on scrutinizing score switches.

My advice, be thorough.

Run a point file, not a flexstone, mildly across each point. If you are comfortable with Nic's dremel method then go for that approach. Wipe the debris out after filing with a qtip dipped in alcohol.

Then inspect each switch manually for wipe.

Going through the complete score motor, if you have the main relay board out of the game, only takes 20 minutes or so. When in the game it is more difficult and will take longer. You may find going through the few switches thoroughly is all you need.

One last thing. If this has been covered I apologize for repeating. While it is quite uncommon, check the switch dog positions for L(long) and S(short). The switch dog is the tab that contacts the switch stack at each cam position. If someone before you has put them in the wrong place it can cause these type timing issues. Where the position is engineered is listed on the schematic at the score motor diagram.

#60 4 years ago

Looks like you have 31” legs on Card Whiz. Is that by design? Or do you have 27.5” legs on QD and Flipper Pool.

Either way, congrats on your success.

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from paulace:

Ah rats - MarkG - I got so excited by the 2X working that I didn't check the 3X. It still is only intermittently correct. That Ed Krynski was just too clever for his own good!
I just played 3 games with 3X bonus at the end. I got:
10K bonus turned into 33K
11K bonus turned into 33K (correct)
10K bonus turned into 31K
I'll play more games a bit later today and see if I can get some sort of consistency, or a pattern. The offer of beer, pizza and pinball still stands, though!
MikeO - It's all an illusion! Quick Draw and Card Whiz have 27" legs, Flipper Pool has 28.5" legs. Apparently, they were drilling the leg holes all over the place. We have a Royal Flush and Target Alpha (both 1976) at the arcade here and they're both very high, like my Card Whiz. Quick Draw probably had 28.5" legs from the factory, but it felt kind of high as my wife and I are both on the shorter side of things, so I just put 27's on it so it would be more comfortable for both of us (If I listen very hard, I think I can hear Steve Young still crying). I got Flipper Pool with those legs on it, and as you can see, it was short enough to be comfortable for us, so just left them on. Maybe people were shorter in 1965.... I know I was.

So Card Whiz has the correct legs and FP and QD shipped with 31" legs.

As for your triple bonus issue, are single bonus and double bonus each scoring the correct count?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JK Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 105.00
Hardware
Maine Home Recreation
Hardware
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-quick-draw-bonus-scoring-issue-1?tu=mikeo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.