61F5DAE8-2B41-4E38-B4D8-EAF0975DC468 (resized).jpeg
187407D3-5920-4FA2-95B3-AB54D2A144FE (resized).jpeg
F963A5F3-9C64-4639-B721-D319F70EBD9E (resized).jpeg
713BE177-4CEB-45DE-9D93-9DA2A0145B9A (resized).jpeg
340C1E1D-6A17-47AC-A073-5D084135BD7F (resized).jpeg
185073FE-AF01-4428-A049-F2EE6D4FE38F (resized).jpeg
807D085E-50EF-491C-9C0F-F859DBD72AEE (resized).jpeg
F8D1F443-4CD4-45F1-B9A3-6123975CD475 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 2 years ago

Welcome to Pinside! It is a great community and an invaluable resource. A collaboration of minds and experience to assist are available. I used to have a Cue Ball Wizard myself. Keep in mind these games are based around solid state computer electronics, the more experience you have in this arena will accelerate your abilities to repair these games. If you do not have computer electronics experience your learning curve will be greater (but it can be done). Reading the online pinball repair docs such as PinWiki, and discussions here are an excellent starting point to repairing and maintaining your games. Gather the knowledge first before.diving in - as it can save you from making a situation worse. The more specific and detailed your questions are will help the team here make better suggestions to guide you.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from ChuckyP:

Thanks. I don’t have any specific questions yet except for how do I get this thing to boot.

Check power supplies and fuses first. Any CPU LED status activity? You can power up the board with a computer power supply +5 DCV to determine if it is dead

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from ChuckyP:

It seems the DMD board is the culprit and there are old chips in the bottom of back box which the last owner left for me after trying a few changes. So I’m not 100% sure what has been worked on in the past.

The chips in the back box are not a good sign. And difficult to trust. Some of these are ESD (static) sensitive and need to be handled with special precautions. If the previous owner has ever plugged and unplugged cables from the DMD controller, that can fry the U8 GAL IC. http://www.pinrepair.com/sys3/#display

9 months later
#13 2 years ago

That game is great fun for the shots, especially up to the top corners. I first played this at PAPA pinball and was just having a long and outstanding game, until they pulled the plug on me at closing. The video modes kind of sucked though, and some other small details. Had it for awhile and moved it on to someone else. Glad you got it running, have fun!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bloomington, IL
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pittsburgh, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-que-ball-wizard-my-first-pinball?tu=wayout440 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.