Gottlieb Pyramid - Scoring Problem

By pinballtoys

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

hello
working on this great game with no schematic!

you can add a credit, start a game, score reels reset - All seems good

but nothing scores on the playfield 10's etc other then the two side kickouts which score 500 points and score reel increments appropriately.

i can activate the relays in the backbox and the score reels react and increment

Anyone have some guidance please

Cheers Bob

#2 2 years ago

I'm a little unclear - is nothing scoring on the pf other than the 2 side kickout? Or are just the 10's not scoring?

Have you cleaned and carefully examined the Jones plugs?

#3 2 years ago
Quoted from paulace:

I'm a little unclear - is nothing scoring on the pf other than the 2 side kickout? Or are just the 10's not scoring?
Have you cleaned and carefully examined the Jones plugs?

yes no scoring other then the 2 side-kickouts

will look again at jones plugs, thank you

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballtoys:

yes no scoring other then the 2 side-kickouts
will look again at jones plugs, thank you

okay i got lucky here, scoring now working!
it was a score-motor switch that should be NC, cleaned and adjusted now scoring as it should.
Nearest switch from the coin door did it

although now a can't play just a one player game or play a two player game
press credit button once
i'll play 3 balls on player one
and only two on player two
game ends

any ideas?
i do have schematics on the way but just want to get this one step closer to working!
cheers Bob

#5 2 years ago

If the machine has a 2nd player latch/trip relay check for proper operation of latch and trip, clean and check switches while you’re waiting on the schematic.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballdaveh:

If the machine has a 2nd player latch/trip relay check for proper operation of latch and trip, clean and check switches while you’re waiting on the schematic.

thank you for your reply and that was what it was, 2nd player relay need contacts adjusted and cleaned
games playing as it should
cheers Bob

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-pyramid-scoring-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.