3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by HowardR
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    will 002.pdf (PDF preview)
    will 001.pdf (PDF preview)
    #1 3 years ago

Hi all

I am looking for the schematics and manual for a Gottlieb pyramid (EM) and any part references manuals etc, I know there are issue’s about copyright on Gottlieb documentation but I have ordered the schematics and manual from Marco specialties, but its likely to take over a month with Covid disruption to postal and customs service’s Both side of the Atlantic and I would like to get started restoring this one.

1 week later
    #2 3 years ago

I am working on a Gottlieb Pyramid that’s not run for over 20 years, I have a very dirty and tatty schematic and manual no electronic copy , new paper one arriving shortly from “Marco’s” in the U.S.A I am in the “UK”, 6 months ago I fully restored a Williams Gulfstream along with the schematics the manual shows the relays, their function and the reference position on the schematics and colour codes and all the stepper units (see attached images),

The Gottlieb Pyramid manual shows the 3 cams (it’s only a 2 player machine) and their orientation to each other but no switch reference’s (Stacks), that I have seen on similar 4 player machine manuals.

So when I find switches on relays that are cut or missing I have to find all of them for that relay on the schematic, its especially difficult when the wire colours are really dirty and faded.

I have worked out the that

3A means 3 switches Normally open
    1B means 1 switch Normally closed
    4c is 4 Make\Brake.

P1A
    Is the player unit Cam 1 first one up in the stack.

Am I missing some information or is that all there is with Gottlieb machines? Any relevant information would be much appreciated.

will 001.pdfwill 001.pdfwill 002.pdfwill 002.pdf
    #3 3 years ago

That's most of what you get for Gottliebs. One more thing - from the factory they came with a card stapled inside the cabinet with motor switch positions. For example, here's a fragment from another game.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-pyramid-em-schematics-and-manuals and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.