Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by GaryB1958
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hello Forum. I have a question? I recently purchased a used Pro pool Pin. Having issues with start up. I insert coin and press start and the score reels all go to 0. Then it just continues to run with out starting or showing any balls on the back glass. If I manually push the add a ball count limit relay, It adds balls and the game goes into start mode and and works fine??? Anyone know what might be the issue? Thank you.

#2 9 years ago

does it do the same thing on 3 or 5 ball play? have you checked the blade switches behind the ball count unit at zero position?

#3 9 years ago

Thank you. I will check.

#4 9 years ago

I finally checked the the 3 or 5 ball play. It does the same thing. Runs consistently and doesn't add balls. There is a numbered Z relay in back of the backglass that has a buzz as it wont disengage when it continuously runs?. Not sure if that is the ball count relay? I don't have a manual. As I mentioned earlier, If I hit the add a ball unit relay a couple times to get more than 5 balls, the game will start. But, When playing, after doing so, I will have like 6 balls and when the ball goes to the drop between the flippers, it goes from 6 ball count to 4 ball count. I play again and and loose the ball, it will go from 4 balls count to 2 ball count??? I am guessing very minor, but frustrating. Can you tell me where the ball count relay is? Thank you so MUCH!!!!

#5 9 years ago

O.K. I found the ball count unit!! How could I miss it!! It looks to be at the 0 position all the way up. I did manually move it to 5 balls and still no change. I will remove and check the blade switches behind it as you recommended Dave. Thank you. I will post the update. Thank you.

#6 9 years ago

Well, I removed it and switches look good. I left the machine running while I had the ball count unit out, I didn't see any power/spark in the connections at all!! Even moving the ball count I didn't see any spark. Like it is dead?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-pro-pool-pinball-machine-start-up and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.