• Latest reply 3 years ago by jdapolito
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
#1 4 years ago

Have a pro football had it working but could never get it to start right,I would have to launch the ball using the rt flipper button ,once the ball made some points I could push the credit button and the score would reset and I could play a game , I decided to try to look at it ,I cleaned and checked the start relay ,Q relay and hold relay and the score motor .
cleaned the relays and the contacts, really didnt make any adjustments .put the playfield down and now the credit button wont do anything unless there are points then it resets to zero the rt flipper works but the left won't, it won't launch a ball and if I put the ball in play no points score except the field goal points ,
Should have left well enough alone ,
Anyway any help would really be appreciated
Thanks

#2 4 years ago

With credits showing on the credit unit, check if there is 25 volts power at the start button switch using a multimeter. You can also manually test the start circuit by pushing in the S relay. This should completely reset the game and ball 1 should be ready to shoot. Do you have a schematic for the machine?

#3 4 years ago

It will start but the right flipper that launches the ball will not operate and nothing will score except for the vari targets

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from jdapolito:

It will start but the right flipper that launches the ball will not operate and nothing will score except for the vari targets

If when you press the right flipper button the ball doesn't launch and the motor doesn't run, Inspect and diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires
http://www.planetimming.com/Pinball/troubleshooting/EM%20Troubleshooting.pdf
http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index3.htm#features

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5 4 years ago

Thanks I will check it

1 week later
#6 4 years ago

Ok checked the O and Q relays all look good used jumpers to double check connections still no rt flippers or ball launch and only 1000 point targets score ,could it be a score motor switch ,thanks

#7 4 years ago

Did you read the links I posted?

#8 4 years ago

Oops ,I'll do that now

7 months later
#9 3 years ago

Did you ever resolve this? Have a similar problem where the ball won't start

1 month later
#10 3 years ago

Nope I tried to, now it won't start at all going to go thru the whole thing again

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-pro-football-won-t-start-?hl=fredsmythson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.