You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Capture2-752.JPG
Capture.JPG
image-995.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingnine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

We have a Pro Football that was working approximately 90% when we got it. Since it was fairly playable it kind of sat in the corner constantly being bumped by newer games that needed tons of work. Well we got to it yesterday and fixed the little stepper unit that cycles the football lights on the playfield and scores touchdowns. The issue I think we have is on the spinner. Ours doesn't spin. It rocks and by shooting it will usually get you 30 to 40 yards just by the rocking motion. After testing it with my finger it does not have enough play in it to do a full revolution. I looked underneath and it doesn't look modified but maybe it was. I don't have a picture but our switch is mounted to the board with two plastic spacers between it and the wood. The spacers seemed to be about 1/4" high. Are they supposed to be there? The metal on the switch and the little rod that goes to the spinner do not seem bent or disturbed from original condition at all.

#3 9 years ago

Thanks. I was in hurry to leave yesterday and forgot to snap a picture of ours for comparison. I think I described fairly well though

#4 9 years ago

Here is a picture of mine that won't spinimage.jpgimage.jpgimage-995.jpgimage-995.jpg

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from oldpins:

Looking at my pic you will see the rod is fitted in the last hole of the leaf contact, yours looks to be on the second hole back.

I'll check that out tomorrow. Good observation.

Quoted from CactusJack:

From the looks of it, it is more about how it is resting up against the wood hole in the playfield. I can't see how it could even rotate if the bottom of the spinner were to be pushed towards the back of the game. It would push it even harder against the wood. Makes me think the back left post screw is not in the original hole in the playfield.

It really isn't touching the playfield but sure looks like it from that angle. It might rub as the spinner goes back though. I'll put that on the list as well for tomorrow. I think it won't spin in either direction though so not sure that is it but we will sure find out.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

So i would take the actuator wire off completely and see if you can get it to spin in the holder alone.
If not disassemble, clean lube repeat
yall know the drill
also i wonder is the actuator wire too short? at top movement is it the switch under the pf clear and have room to make it up further?
--Jeff

I'll double check on the switch clearing as well plus removing it to see if it still has issues spinning. Thanks for all the good ideas.

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from oldpins:

I am suggesting to move the rod from the 'second hole back' from the end of the leaf contact.
If the rod is moved to the first hole (end) of the leaf contact (there is one, as shown) it would move the rod away from the wood and centre the rod.

Capture2-752.JPG 24 KB

Yes. When the playfield is up like that it definitely rubs against the wood so it would stand to reason that is what is happening while it tries to spin. Arcade is my brother (it's our machine) and if he can get to it today that would be nice but I can't do it till tomorrow.

#13 9 years ago

Ok the spinner is working great. It was the position of the spinner in the switch underneath. It was maiking it rub the playfield as it tried to spin. Thanks for the input!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingnine.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-pro-football-spinner-issue?tu=kingnine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.