(Topic ID: 214804)

Gottlieb Pro Football 10,000 reel advances 5 times on its own.

By cyroute

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I'm down to one issue with this game When the thousand reel is either on 0 or 1 the ten thousand reel will advance 5 times on its own when something is scored on the playfield. The ten thousand score relay that drives the ten thousand score reel does not move when this happens. If i manually activate the thousand relay and the thousand relay hits 0 or 1 its works like it should something else is telling the 10 thousand relay to activate 5 times. Not sure if the touch down scoring has anything to do with the issue but that is something unique to this game. All the 0 and 9 switch contacts are clean and look to be working as they should.
Thanks for any help on this!
Joe

#2 6 years ago

Check for misadjusted contacts in the 1000 score unit. Compare the operation to the 100 or 10 for reference.

#4 6 years ago

Yeah I think something else is in play when I manually trigger any of the reels with the relays in the back box everything works fine. All score reels roll over fine and the 10,000 reel only advanes one time. I think it may hve to do with the touchdown or something else when the game is in play.

#5 6 years ago

Another thing to check is the stepper/ball count unit for proper alignment /adjustment. Score motor, too. Sorry I can't be more helpful. Just by observing each contact or mechanism to ensure it is adjusted seems to solve a lot of the problems. Did it ever score properly?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-pro-football-10000-reel-advances-5-times-on-its-own-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.