You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

have a gottlieb preview dual player game. backglass has pretty good flaking, playfield and cabinet are pretty good; works great! debating selling it but not sure where to really start. being a rare game i was thinking around the 1000 mark. any suggestions on it? located in chicago-land if that matters.

#2 3 years ago
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3 3 years ago

$100 as it’s not a desirable title (only one person has this on their wishlist) and it needs parts. If you resolve the following issues it would be worth $500 in my opinion. The front of the cabinet has been repainted white over the blue, and the front of the head is missing the blue paint above the backglass. The cabinet will need to be repainted. The backglass is in bad shape, but you can order a repro from Bgresto for around $400 delivered. The lockdown bar is missing and Pinball Resource no longer stocks them, so that’ll be really hard to find.

#4 3 years ago

I’m guessing if you listed it as-is on EBay and let people bid starting at $1, they would probably bid it up to between $250-$350.

#5 3 years ago

i DO have the front piece that latches on and shoots the ball, just had it off in the pic. sorry, my bad. still at the numbers you guys are guessing, it's not as valuable as i thought it may be. maybe just end up putting in the collection instead of selling then.

#6 3 years ago

IMO............A backglass replacement alone should bring this game to approx. $500, (these days), as everything else looks pretty good since the game works and you have the front lockdown bar. I believe your cabinet paint scheme is original and in decent shape, (with the database showing a game with its cabinet either modified or prototype or sample).

As Bluespin stated, not a very desirable title, and with a production run of 1900 units, really not rare at all.

2 months later
#7 3 years ago

I have a Preview as well, picked it up from a non-pinball person for $300. My backglass looks a little better than yours, but is also starting to flake in places. Mine seems to play just fine. I'll keep it for a bit but would probably part with it in a few months. I'm guessing I'll ask around $800, without knowing too much about EM games.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-preview-value?hl=vipertblck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.