IMG_2501 (resized).jpg
IMG_2474 (resized).jpg
IMG_2563 (resized).jpg
IMG_2561 (resized).jpg
IMG_2560 (resized).jpg
IMG_2562 (resized).jpg
IMG_2555 (resized).jpg

#1 12 months ago

I've been having issues with this pin and most frustrating is I spent 2 weeks getting most of the electrical working and I disassemble to clean/touch up then reassemble and whole new electrical problems. Now that i'm thinking about it, the play field was still attached as i was scrubbing away the dirt and mess and remember having to hold the bottom cabinet so it didn't slide off the table. Definitely moved some switches and caused these new problems. at least the playfield looks better.

I've been having issues with the AX relay but Im getting close to having it all working except the pop bumpers. When I connect the right switch the pop bumper stays down and doesn't pop up. I have 2 (left and right) when i connect the left switch it makes the right bumper go down (and stay down).

I'm also having issues with start up sequence. Normally, I press start: 1 player (player 1 individual light is on and player 1 score reel lights is on), press again 2 player (only player 2 individual light goes on) and so on but the lights for player 1 score reels stays on. Now, every time I hit start the score reel lights go to the next player?????.....If I manually hold down start relay all the reels reset. I can't figure out why the AX isn't keeping the Start relay engaged. I check the line with the AX coil, re cleaned the switches (light filing), and still no luck.

i also noticed tonight this reoccurring liquid substance between the switch contacts. When i bought the pin, i noticed all the relays looked covered in WD-40 and there was liquid substance between some of the contacts. Cleaned everything and didn't think anything else about it. However, the pin is sitting in my garage and it's summer so I guess there's still moisture dripping down from whatever the previous owner sprayed. I close the play field and put a small fan at the coin door. Hope it dries everything out cause I don't want to keep cleaning switches. This is my second pin, my first one was much easier and surprisingly cheaper.....Why did i get attached to the bonus ball action on this 300.

i don't know how you pronounce gottlieb but after this pin, gah-its-a-bitch

IMG_2474 (resized).jpgIMG_2501 (resized).jpgIMG_2555 (resized).jpgIMG_2560 (resized).jpgIMG_2561 (resized).jpgIMG_2562 (resized).jpgIMG_2563 (resized).jpg
#2 12 months ago

Since both pop bumpers operate off of 1 pop bumper relay, both pop bumpers must pull in and open each of the pop bumper end of stroke switches to release the pop bumper relay.

#3 11 months ago

Check the spoon switches underneath the pop bumpers in case one is too tight, check the switches just above the spoon switches that should open when the pop bumper fires downward and then check the pop bumper relay itself for ease of movement, I.e not binding. I've experienced it where I had one switch slightly too close so when it energised, the armature was binding up and would not release , hence making the pop bumpers lock on.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
1,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint Clairsville , OH
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
1,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Whitehouse Station, NJ
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!