2015-11-10 15.37.42 (resized).jpeg
2015-11-10 15.37.33 (resized).jpeg
2015-11-10 15.37.16 (resized).jpeg
2015-11-10 15.36.25 (resized).jpeg
2015-11-10 15.36.08 (resized).jpg
2015-11-10 15.36.17 (resized).jpeg
FB_IMG_1592921467055 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Not alot of information out there on this game changing hands that I can dig up. I am looking to pick this game up. It's described as working but will obviously need a new backglass. Any idea what the value is on a game like this? With only 235 made it looks rare, but we all know that doesn't always equate to value . Thanks for any thoughts.

FB_IMG_1592921467055 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1592921467055 (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

Desirable Title. Back glass over 325. I would give 350 if in the Market for one.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Desirable Title. Back glass over 325. I would give 350 if in the Market for one.

Thanks for the input. Sounds like the glass could cost me as much as the game potentially ha.

#4 3 years ago

Very challenging game and very fun to play. Id snatch that up for $400 in a heart beat even it didn't have a BG

#5 3 years ago

Desireable machine, but seeing the photo you provided, I can see that there are many non-original modifications to this machine. The pop bumpers, lockdown bar, and card tray are all incorrect for this game. It looks like they were possibly taken from a much newer Gottlieb machine. It may be that this game was a partial game, and another machine was used to make it complete. Also, the playfield has a repainted section below the projection roto light inserts.
I can't see the cabinet in the photo, but I'd guess it too is not the original one. You'd have to go and give the machine a good looking over. If it has the functioning components of a "Pleasure Isle" machine, and all you need is a backglass and a cabinet repaint, the other things aren't tragic, and can be replaced with original style parts. Hard to say what it's worth based on that one photo, and from the incorrect parts I see. As I said, it is a desirable game, and a fun one too.

#6 3 years ago

That "custom" backglass doesn't seem to have a way to see which ball is in play. The card tray on the machine is the type which displays the "balls to play" or "ball in play" on the card in the well on the left side. You may want to see if some type of modification was made which changed where the balls to play is displayed.
You really need to pull up all the information you can on this machine (ipdb is a good source for reference photos), and carefully examine this game to see exactly what you're getting. It's definitely worth pursuing though.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Desireable machine, but seeing the photo you provided, I can see that there are many non-original modifications to this machine.

Good eye there JR; I know you are familiar with this title.

I played one at a local collectors party and really enjoyed it, it was totally restored and played perfect.

#8 3 years ago

My collector friend has one and is a purist for originality. He was talking to a potential buyer and, in the middle of negotiating price, found out the buyer planned to send the game to HEP for “restoration.” No sale, and the buyer got an earful.

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Desireable machine, but seeing the photo you provided, I can see that there are many non-original modifications to this machine. The pop bumpers, lockdown bar, and card tray are all incorrect for this game. It looks like they were possibly taken from a much newer Gottlieb machine. It may be that this game was a partial game, and another machine was used to make it complete. Also, the playfield has a repainted section below the projection roto light inserts.
I can't see the cabinet in the photo, but I'd guess it too is not the original one. You'd have to go and give the machine a good looking over. If it has the functioning components of a "Pleasure Isle" machine, and all you need is a backglass and a cabinet repaint, the other things aren't tragic, and can be replaced with original style parts. Hard to say what it's worth based on that one photo, and from the incorrect parts I see. As I said, it is a desirable game, and a fun one too.

This is very helpful! It sounds like I would need to put some money into this one. I am not super familiar with EMs in general so this is all good to know to help make an offer on it. Very much appreciated!

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from ckcsm:

I know you are familiar with this title.

Yeah, I've owned three of them, and I've seen several others. In fact, despite the low production number, I think I've come across more of these than the replay version "Paradise".

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from ckcsm:

I played one at a local collectors party and really enjoyed it, it was totally restored and played perfect.

Really? Was it the time I was there? I remember we had to lift the playfield and fix something!

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Really? Was it the time I was there? I remember we had to lift the playfield and fix something!

I know a couple of you guys have been to my place and played the Pleasure Isle that was restored several years ago by Nick Raschilla. Game has original paint on the cabinet and payfield judiciously restored. For the most part, the game plays perfectly, although it's not surprising to see some tweaking and adjusting from time to time. To this, I have no recollection of anything actually requiring fixing during the ownership, but do recall replacing a bulb or fine tuning a spoon switch on a pop bumper, etc.

By far, my favorite AAB! (NFS)

2015-11-10 15.36.08 (resized).jpg2015-11-10 15.36.08 (resized).jpg2015-11-10 15.36.17 (resized).jpeg2015-11-10 15.36.17 (resized).jpeg2015-11-10 15.36.25 (resized).jpeg2015-11-10 15.36.25 (resized).jpeg2015-11-10 15.37.16 (resized).jpeg2015-11-10 15.37.16 (resized).jpeg2015-11-10 15.37.33 (resized).jpeg2015-11-10 15.37.33 (resized).jpeg2015-11-10 15.37.42 (resized).jpeg2015-11-10 15.37.42 (resized).jpegDSC01964 (resized).jpegDSC01964 (resized).jpeg
#13 3 years ago

Yup. Yours is a beauty. Great photos too!

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from oldcarz:

I know a couple of you guys have been to my place and played the Pleasure Isle

That's the beauty that I love playing; you have some very nice games but I enjoy playing this one the most.

#15 3 years ago

this was mine, recently sold her.

very clean original with repro shay bglass

it's a great game.

#17 3 years ago

That's a pretty decent backglass for the asking price. Word to the wise; don't ship it via UPS!

20200625_102728 (resized).jpg20200625_102728 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#18 3 years ago

I think I bought this today. Looks like basket case. It was on Facebook market place for $100. I can’t even figure out how to turn it on.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from Last1Left:

I think I bought this today. Looks like basket case. It was on Facebook market place for $100. I can’t even figure out how to turn it on.

I think you did! I passed on it after talking to the guy when I posted this initially and saw it pop up today ha. Hope you get it going!

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from Last1Left:

Glad you bought it and it’s in the hands of someone who can only improve it. There is no power button ... coining it up gets is going and/or jimmying the coin drop switch. Turning it off is done by banging on the underside in the center to trigger the slam switch.

I rescued a Pleasure Isle too from the Cleveland area about 7 years ago.

#21 3 years ago

Thank you everyone, I have it powered on good transformer voltages. And most things are working that I can tell. Time for serious cleaning. The debate will be clean and restore functionality or restore. The machine has a gritty 70’s feel to it. Meter shows 40,000 play’s.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from Last1Left:

Thank you everyone, I have it powered on good transformer voltages. And most things are working that I can tell. Time for serious cleaning. The debate will be clean and restore functionality or restore. The machine has a gritty 70’s feel to it. Meter shows 40,000 play’s.

Strange that it has a meter. Usually, 60's add-a-ball games don't.
Someone grabbed that $30 backglass. It would have been perfect for that game.

#23 3 years ago

Chad just posted that this glass is still available for $29. If nobody takes it he is considering scrapping it (see below).

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/chicago-traderseller-club/page/169#post-5758758

Potential wall art backglasses
Cleopatra solid state $29.00
United Shuffle Alley Handicap $29.00
Gottlieb Pleasure Isle $29.00

Someone buy these before I make a very malice decision and curbside these next Tuesday...

1 week later
#24 3 years ago

Well it is cleaned (biggest thing needed) and working one and two player scoring works. Lights replaced. Back lighting repaired and a handful of wires soldered.Not my cup of tea. So it is for sale. Thinking of asking $400.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from Last1Left:

Well it is cleaned (biggest thing needed) and working one and two player scoring works. Lights replaced. Back lighting repaired and a handful of wires soldered.Not my cup of tea. So it is for sale. Thinking of asking $400.

I hope someone got that backglass.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 65.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-pleasure-isle-value?hl=gotemwill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.