(Topic ID: 246545)

Gottlieb playfield insert repair/replace

By threedprinter

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20190705_174726217 (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

Happy 4th everyone.
    I have a Gottlieb HighHand with smoke damage to playfield inserts. Tried Novus1 Q-Tip and other suggestions. Problem is They don't seem to work and the
    Black Letter starts rubbing off on the Q-tip. I have reached a point where I have to leave them alone or replace/ create my own. Note that the Apron and score reels are water sensitive and will just dissapear if cleaned. Any suggestions for a replacement source? These are card themed inserts QKJA . Anyone ever make a replacement or buy blanks and use decals?

Thanks all.

#2 4 years ago
    Quoted from threedprinter:

Happy 4th everyone.
    I have a Gottlieb HighHand with smoke damage to playfield inserts. Tried Novus1 Q-Tip and other suggestions. Problem is They don't seem to work and the
    Black Letter starts rubbing off on the Q-tip. I have reached a point where I have to leave them alone or replace/ create my own. Note that the Apron and score reels are water sensitive and will just dissapear if cleaned. Any suggestions for a replacement source? These are card themed inserts QKJA . Anyone ever make a replacement or buy blanks and use decals?
    Thanks all.

occasionally you'll see somebody selling inserts on ebay. but yea, water slid decal... i have 1 inch blanks but will look different from any others

#3 4 years ago

Pinball Resource for the inserts.
    They come blank and you have to create your own decals.
    I have yet to find any new inserts with the lettering on them.
    After applying the decal, you need to spray it with a clear poly.
    This will seal it. I am also going to lay down a playfield protector
    and will not be clear coating the playfield.

IMG_20190705_174726217 (resized).jpgIMG_20190705_174726217 (resized).jpg
    #4 4 years ago

Thanks, Very helpful. Any Idea what Font or Decal sets available?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-playfield-insert-repair-replace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.