(Topic ID: 214993)

Gottlieb Playball - game wont end, XB relay not engaging.

By Beatnik-Filmstar

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jumper-clown (resized).jpg
nope (resized).png
0Playball-pinside-Work-01 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 6 years ago

Hi Beatnik
I assume the "XB" is XB-Game-Over-Relay. I assume Your snippet (I show here again) has on top: "Number-Match-Replay-wiring" --- do You ever get "No-Match Replays" ? You may have changed the pin to "NO No-Match-Replays" (?). IF (if, if) You do get No-Match-Replays: We can say "all good from out-right leftbound through blue-1,2,3,4" and the investigation is on the "5,6,7,8,9". You wrote "10,11,12" is good.

HowardR lately came up with an VERY GOOD IDEA --- a Jumper-Wire has on one end an gator-clip and on the other end a "Safety-Pin". We can move the tip of the Safety-Pin almost parallel to an existing wire in the pin - insert the tip of the Safety-Pin into the fabric of the insulation of the wire - into --- inserting almost parallel - push-in --- the Safety-Pin is mounted, inside the fabric the tip of the Safety-Pin touches the metal wire. A great idea and it works.

Please say "I want to do tests - I accept when the pin acts abnormal - but from the behaviour of the pin I learn about 'specific wiring is good (or it is no-good)' ".
When You mount an Jumper-Wire "like my green line" - inserting the tip of the Safety-Pin into wire-BL+BLK near the Ball-Count-Unit --- other end You clip-on at "Switch on Tilt-Relay". You start a game and play --- when the pin steps to the last ball: WITH this Jumper and the connection through the Ball-Count-Unit is good: You MUST get "Game-Over".

When You mount an Jumper-wire "like my red line": You will get the last ball and probably can make some simple points --- as soon (in the last ball) the motor is made to turn (You make 300 points so the motor turns): You will get "Game-Over".
Then "like my brown line" and "like my orange line": More tests.

The idea is: With a Jumper-Wire jumpering part of the original wiring - what does the reaction of the pin tells me ? Greetings Rolf

0Playball-pinside-Work-01 (resized).jpg0Playball-pinside-Work-01 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

$ 25.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rolf_martin_062.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-playball-game-wont-end-xb-relay-not-engaging?tu=rolf_martin_062 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.