(Topic ID: 325763)

Gottlieb Playball

By Ovaltrack47

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PlayBall DB2 (resized).JPG
    Playball start relay (resized).jpg
    #1 1 year ago

So friend picked up this machine it powers up, when you actuate the start relay it tries to start but nothing responds on the play field. Also the start button doesn’t work didn’t know if someone can lead me in the right direction. Thanks

#2 1 year ago

Are there credits on the machine. What’s the number in the credit window? Open up the backbox and roll the credits up to at least 6.

#3 1 year ago

You will need to purchase a schematic from Pinball Resource. Available at www.pinballresource.com
    You have to call if your a first time purchaser.

#4 1 year ago

Yes there are 13 credits and I will order one was hoping to get some information while I wait thanks.

#5 1 year ago

How far does it get? Do the score reels all reset to zero?

#6 1 year ago

Well nothing on the playfield will work to get a score the only way it goes from game over to start is it I manually cycle the start relay

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ovaltrack47:

the start button doesn’t work

There are six other switches in addition to the one behind the Replay Button that all need to be closed for the S/Start relay to fire.
    Playball start relay (resized).jpgPlayball start relay (resized).jpg
    You can check them all, or experiment by removing some switches from the circuit with an alligator clip test lead. If you connect the brown wire on the Replay Button to the orange-white wire on the S/Start relay coil solder lug and the Replay button starts working for example, the problem is between the brown and orange-white wires.

/Mark

#8 1 year ago

Thanks that will help out. I did find that the “ball in play” stepper unit isn’t actuating when I manual start a game. When I manually actuate it to ball one everything on the playfield works but it won’t cycle through the balls. Just waiting for the owner to drop off a schematic.

#9 1 year ago

Ok still waiting on the schematic can someone help me why the DB relays aren’t working making the motor switch to continue to spin.

#10 1 year ago

The circuit in red should energize the DB2 relay. DB1 doesn't have a coil - it's switches are highlighted in yellow.

PlayBall DB2 (resized).JPGPlayBall DB2 (resized).JPG
    #11 1 year ago

Thanks on that circuit I got it wanting to work the issue I have now is won’t cycle ball count to ball one when I do it by hand it stays at ball one when you drain it. Any thoughts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-playball-1?hl=runbikeskilee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.