• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pioneer Add Player Unit (resized).jpg
277FEBD1-A369-472A-BA74-7AC7B4459D0A (resized).jpeg

#1 1 year ago

Hi all, I have a major issue with a Pioneer. The pin. Has been serviced and works perfectly on one player but will not consistently play through a two player game. It has a random issue where it will sometimes skip player 2 and just go straight to the next ball on player 1. Sometimes it will play a full game on player 1 only. Other times it will go to player two on 1, 2, 3 or 4 balls. I have gone through start up sequence as per manual and checked all relays and 1a contact but the problem has persisted. The player unit has been serviced and the rivers on the unit have been cleaned. Anyone out there had a similar issue? I suspected the player unit switches but as it does not occur on the same ball all the time I would think the problem isn’t in there?
Any help much appreciated.
277FEBD1-A369-472A-BA74-7AC7B4459D0A (resized).jpeg

#2 1 year ago

I'd start by checking the switch in the red box on the CX/Second Player interlock relay.
Pioneer Add Player Unit (resized).jpg
When that switch is closed the Player Unit takes 2 steps when Player 1 drains because 2 pulses get to the Add Player Unit solenoid. On a 2 player game that switch needs to open to block 1 of the 2 pulses so the Player Unit takes just 1 step.

/Mark

#3 1 year ago

Thanks for reply but have been through these switches and metered them after cleaning. I’m thinking the issue must be in the player unit .

#4 1 year ago

If you are positive that it's not Second Player relay that Mark mentioned. Then I would look at score motor 2C. It might be occasionally missing a pulse. Eliminate that and you'll probably want to look at your P2 Player Unit switches.

Use jumper wires to close any suspect switches.

#5 1 year ago

Put a small piece of paper between the contact points in the switch that MarkG suggested.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside