Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by pinhead52
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

None of the drop targets on Pioneer score any points.
All the switches seem to register
Bonus never advances or counts down either
Ideas Please

#2 8 years ago

What do you mean all the switches register?
What are they registering, exactly?
Do you have a schematic?

#3 8 years ago

If I push on each leaf switch for each drop target I get a tone, but they score nothing, and they do not advance the bonus. I picked this up today so I have no paperwork at all.
The scoremotor does run whenever one of the drops are hit.
I know I'm just missing something stupid on this.
Thanks for your reply, any help is appreciated.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

If I push on each leaf switch for each drop target I get a tone, but they score nothing, and they do not advance the bonus. I picked this up today so I have no paperwork at all.
The scoremotor does run whenever one of the drops are hit.
I know I'm just missing something stupid on this.
Thanks for your reply, any help is appreciated.

I had this problem with my Shangri-La I just got working. If I hit a target switch or trigger the point relays in the head the score reels would not do anything. I had to clean all the jones plug pins real good that plugged into the back box and the score reels started working. They were super corroded. I hope it helps, it sure did for me.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from xgizzle:

I had this problem with my Shangri-La I just got working. If I hit a target switch or trigger the point relays in the head the score reels would not do anything. I had to clean all the jones plug pins real good that plugged into the back box and the score reels started working. They were super corroded. I hope it helps, it sure did for me.

I cleaned them once but I'll do it again thanks

#6 8 years ago

The drop target switches should energize the 'D' relay.

A switch on the 'D' relay should activate the 'Add Bonus' coil (in conjunction with a couple score motor switches).

Another switch on the 'D' relay should activate the 'M' relay (100pt relay). (And then switches on M should advance the score reel, fire the chime, etc.)

So one thing to check is whether the 'D' relay is activating with a drop target switch closing, and then debug from there.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

The drop target switches should energize the 'D' relay.
A switch on the 'D' relay should activate the 'Add Bonus' coil (in conjunction with a couple score motor switches).
Another switch on the 'D' relay should activate the 'M' relay (100pt relay). (And then switches on M should advance the score reel, fire the chime, etc.)
So one thing to check is whether the 'D' relay is activating with a drop target switch closing, and then debug from there.

I'll check that right now, thanks

#8 8 years ago

I cleaned the D relay earlier, all that happens is the score motor runs

#9 8 years ago

Check if the outlanes score points and/or bonus. If you go through an A-E, do those work? How about the stars they light?

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Check if the outlanes score points and/or bonus. If you go through an A-E, do those work? How about the stars they light?

The outlanes do not score, the rollover stars light and score. I have cleaned all bonus relays three times

#11 8 years ago

The stars do not score when they are lit

#13 8 years ago

The drops do not score bonus till the 500 points is done being scored by the score motor, so whatever is causing the motor to not score the 500 as it spins is probably also not firing the bonus at the end of the spin. Check the black+white and red-green wired switches on the score motor at 1A

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

The drops do not score bonus till the 500 points is done being scored by the score motor, so whatever is causing the motor to not score the 500 as it spins is probably also not firing the bonus at the end of the spin. Check the black+white and red-green wired switches on the score motor at 1A

How do I find 1 A?

#15 8 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

How do I find 1 A?

Check the schematics, lower left corner, it has a top-down diagram of which 'stack' of switches on the motor is which, and another from a side view of which level in the pile is which. One specific level+stack will be 1a, and then individual switches in the level/stack can be identified by the color of the wires on each switch

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

I cleaned the D relay earlier, all that happens is the score motor runs

But does the 'D' relay energize and lock on when a drop target is hit? That's still the first thing to determine.

#17 8 years ago

It locks on the score motor runs and that's all

#18 8 years ago

Ok great. So then when D energizes and locks on, a switch closing on it should activate the M relay (which is in the backbox). But to do so also requires a switch at score motor position 1A to close (this is the switch that pulses closed five times, activating M five times, and so scoring the 500 points as a result).

So the next things to check are the score motor 1A switch and the switch on D. And since the M relay is in the backbox and the score motor is on the bottom board, there will also be Jones plugs involved in the path, so those should be checked as well.

Those are the only things in the path though - just those two switches to get M activated. Score motor 1A will be the harder one to check, since it's on the bottom level of the score motor switches.

#19 8 years ago

I have my tech coming out tomorrow, I'll post what he finds,

#20 8 years ago

Lesson learned, I didn't clean one switch on the score motor aggressively enough.First switch, bottom stack, lower left side

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

First switch, bottom stack, lower left side

Score motor 1A...

#22 8 years ago

DF 1237 (for the year), the rest of us 5 pts.

I use to think I could keep up with DF but Ive thrown in the towel.

Now Im just the troll with GTB parts on the EM parts wanted thread

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.