Linked Games

Topic poll

“Gottlieb Pinball Pool vs Count-Down”

• Pinball pool 7 votes
    54%
  • Count down 6 votes
    46%

(13 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider borgdog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago

I have had both, currently still have Pinball Pool.

Both are very fun machines, both lots of drop targets, both allow you to collect maxed bonus by hitting a saucer. The shots in Count-Down are somewhat more varied due to 4 flippers and spread out banks, but both are symmetrical layouts. pinball pool allows you to shoot directly at the saucers to collect bonus as well as increase bonusX. Count-Down you can't really shoot directly into the saucer at the top, it's more random and nudging to collect the bonus when it's lit. Also can't really directly shoot the extra ball and special collect lanes on count-down, while pinball pool collects extra ball by hitting the captive ball, which often leads to a stdm drain.

I would still have both except I sold my house in town and moved to my cabin and needed to downsize. The selection of which to sell came down to Pinball Pool was already at the cabin while Count-Down was at the house in town so I had less moving of machines to do. Count-Down will generally cost you more to buy than Pinball Pool, more well known/popular. Can't go wrong with either in my opinion.

edit: nice collection you have. either of these goes well with Joker Poker for variety, non-symmetrical vs symmetrical.

#7 3 years ago

I added chimes to both of mine, love em. was easy, no extra wires at all.

Here is how to do: https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Gottlieb_System_1#Converting_From_a_Tone_Board_to_Chimes

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider borgdog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-pinball-pool-vs-count-down?tu=borgdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.