View topic image gallery

Apron (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
canon02042917a 008 (resized).JPG
canon19022017 006 (resized).JPG
IMG_1555 (resized).jpg
Scorecard (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 5 years ago

Other than that pricing sticker, which came to be around 1975 when pricing was being changed from 2 games for a quarter to a quarter a game/3 games for 50 cents, your instruction card holder doesn’t look like it needs restoration(at least from what you have shown us). Take some lighter fluid and remove that sticker.

Don’t use waterbased cleaners on your inst card holder as they will remove the art. Alcohol and lighter fluid should be OK.

BTW, that sticker is an add on and you won’t be missing much without it.

#10 5 years ago

I use plastic razor blades to get the edge up and then lighter fluid/naptha to continue pulling it and to cut any remaining adhesive.

You can find the plastic razor blades at Lowes or Home Depot.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

so, am I correct in understanding that naphtha won't remove the original inks?

That has been my experience. Nor alcohol or WD-40. You have to be careful with water and Novus on the other hand. With the alcohol or WD-40 try an area and see how it reacts. I only use lighter fluid or alcohol for adhesive residue. I've used WD-40 along with a dental pick to get hardened glue off based on a recommendation I got here.

Personally, Novus is my preferred cleaner to clean Gottlieb instruction card holders, although very sparingly. If you need to really work something Novus is fine on the white areas. If I need to work a white area near the color I use a q-tip.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hoover, AL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mikeo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-pinball-apron-restoration-1?tu=mikeo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.