• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0072 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0070 (resized).jpeg

#1 6 months ago

I have a 1975 Gottlieb Pin Up with a loose wire at the Add a ball control relay coil. What I don't know for sure is where it re-attaches. The wire color is yellow and purple as shown in the photo's. There is one wire currently that color attached at the back of one set of points but there are two wires not attached. The game will not cycle up to start. Thanks in advance for your help.

IMG_0070 (resized).jpegIMG_0072 (resized).jpeg
#2 6 months ago

Hard to say from the photo, however I cant see that there is a wire connected to the other side of the coil ? Could be the angle of the photo.

#3 6 months ago

There is not anything on the other side of the post, but when I hooked it up to that side the machine booted up but it causes some other issues, like the coil sounded stuck and the ones number stuck and would not stop counting

#4 6 months ago

Check the one's score reel switches. Compare to the other working reels and see if they are in a different arrangement as you manually cycle the score reels from 0 position, to 1-8position, and position 9. If you need to adjust, do so, then hook up your loose wire to the solenoid lug with a temporary jumper wire and see if the problem is solved.

Quoted from CardTrix70:

like the coil sounded stuck

Does whatever the stuck coil operate - ball count unit? - change smoothly when you operate it manually?

#5 6 months ago

Just a guess, but on the left stack I see 2 wafers, on the right I see one. Shouldn't a contact leaf be in between the 2 wafers? In other words, is it missing a leaf contact on the left stack and thats where the wires attached to originally? Sometimes it's hard to analyze from a photo though.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The EM Scientist
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!