• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

159056.jpg
PICT1692.JPG
#1 9 years ago

I just picked up a project Paul Bunyon and have found that one of the score motor switch stacks at position 2 has been unscrewed (found the 2 screws and the tiny metal square plate in a pile of debris in the cabinet). My issues are that someone removed the part that rides the pegs/ridges of the score motor and I can not tell which level (a, c or d) the stack should go on. I'm hoping someone can help me determine where these switches go and tell me where I can purchase the missing part.

PICT1692.JPGPICT1692.JPG
#2 9 years ago

Looks to me that these need to be attached to the tab at the upper right of your picture. I suspect they follow the top cam position, not one of the pegs on the very top.

If correct, you need the switch dog (cam follower part number A-1451) and the tuning fork shaped part which is called the switch dog bracket part number A-1452 along with screws to hold them all in place.

A fellow Paul Bunyon owner would be best able to confirm this.

Good luck in your search.

Mike O.
Team-EM

#3 9 years ago

Thanks Mike. I believe these go together and I found the two screws. If nobody else chimes in, I might just try putting them on level c as suggested. This games needs quite a bit of attention, but under the dirt and grime there is very nice looking game.

#4 9 years ago

According to the schematic, the switch dog would go at 2C (i.e., top cam level) and the switch dog needs to be in the 'L' slot of the switch dog bracket.

(and it's "Bunyan" )

#5 9 years ago

PBR will have those 'dogs' woof-woof!

#6 9 years ago

To clarify, would I be looking for the two parts in the red box in this photo?

159056.jpg159056.jpg
#7 9 years ago

Yes, that's them.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

(and it's "Bunyan" )

That didn't look right when I wrote it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-paul-bunyon-score-motor-help-needed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.